This Camp-themed Glamping Getaway has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
The Mister and I just returned from an overnight camping trip up into the San Gabriel Mountains. I could NOT believe we were only an hour outside of Los Angeles! It was so nice to get out of the city (not to mention cell service) even if it was just for one night. Throwing a party while camping is pretty easy and turns a camping trip into a glamping trip! It just requires a little more planning and an extra bag of party supplies. I decided to serve Freschetta Pizza for dinner and some Peanut Butter and Jelly S’mores for dessert. Keep reading for the tutorial on how to grill a pizza while camping as well as the recipe for the PBJ S’mores! I set up my Camp Party picnic table using a plaid sheet for a tablecloth. I then set out a picnic basket to elevate my drink dispenser of Hot Chocolate and my party tool box on the other end held up our camp lantern for once the sun set. I used pine cones, a gold banner, and party hats to decorate the tabletop and I set out a blanket just in case anyone got cold while roasting marshmallows for the s’mores. Then I got to work grilling the pizza. I picked up a couple Freschetta® Brick Oven pizzas and popped them in the cooler with lots of ice before we drove up to the campground. You could also try the Freschetta® Gluten Free pizzas or the Freschetta® Naturally Rising pizzas. Here are the instructions for grilling Freschetta® Brick Oven pizzas:
- Preheat grill on high for at least 5 minutes
- Remove pizza from carton and clear overwrap film
- Place double layer aluminum foil large enough to cover the bottom of the pizza on center of grill
- Place pizza on foil in center of grill
- Turn grill to low and cook for 13 to 16 minutes with lid closed
- Let pizza stand 2 minutes before serving
And don’t forget to pack your pizza cutter! And then for dessert, I set out little S’mores boxes packed with Honey Maid Graham Crackers, chocolate, and some extra large marshmallows and shared how to make PBJ S’mores. Here’s the recipe:
- Honey Maid Graham Crackers
- Chocolate Bars
- Peanut Butter
- Jelly (flavor of choice)
- Spread peanut butter on one graham cracker and jelly on the other.
- Place chocolate bars on top of peanut butter.
- Either roast your marshmallow using a roasting fork or place the marshmallow on top of the chocolate and the jellied graham on top and place into your marshmallow roasting tray and close the lid.
- If roasting your marshmallows on forks/sticks, once the marshmallow is nice and toasting, place the roasted marshmallows on top of the chocolate bars (so they melt) and cover with your jellied graham cracker.
I picked up the Freschetta® Brick Oven pizzas and my s’mores ingredients including the Honey Maid Graham Crackers along with some camping supplies! We needed a new tent and an air mattress (because without an air mattress, it’s not glamping!) along with a tandem sleeping bag and some campfire chairs. Oh! And the s’mores fork and grilling rack! And everything was awesome! The tent went up quickly with only a couple glances at the instructions, the air mattress was easy to inflate and stayed inflated, the tandem sleeping bag was perfect and kept us warm all night, and the chairs are very comfortable for some fireside sitting and marshmallow roasting. I totally want to add a battery-operated chandelier or disco ball to the inside of the tent! Now, THAT would be GLAMPING! And if you live in Los Angeles and you’re looking to get away for the weekend (or even a weeknight, call in sick to work!), I totally recommend Buckhorn Campground in the Angeles National Forest! It’s first come, first served with no reservations, cost was $12 for the night with a spot for two cars, a fire ring and grill, a bear bin, room for a couple tents, fairly clean bathrooms, and some water spigots. We didn’t try the hiking, but can’t wait to go back and get out one of the trails! Don’t forget to pick up your Freschetta pizza for grilling and your Honey Maid Graham Crackers for s’mores! And if you’re looking for more Glamping Inspiration, check out the Glamping Social Hub!