I am dying for a vacation! But it isn’t in the plans just yet … so if I can’t go to the islands, I’ll just have to bring the islands to me with this DIY Piña Colada Sugar Scrub. It seriously smells so good! Plus my skin is feeling the effects of the A/C that we’ve been running lately and the coconut oil in this sugar scrub def helps restore some moisture to my skin.And if you’re cutting up some pineapple for a summer snack, just set a bit aside to puree into this sugar scrub, it doesn’t take much, just a quarter of a slice. Here’s the full recipe:
- 1 cup Coconut Oil
- ¾ cup Pineapple, pureed
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 1 drop tea tree oil
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric for color
- Start by pureeing your pineapple in a blender or food processor along with your shredded coconut flakes
- Then combine your pureed pineapple/coconut flakes with the coconut oil, sugar, a drop of tea tree oil (a little goes a LONG way), and some ground turmeric (for color) in your stand mixer and mix with the paddle attachment.
- Use in the shower and enjoy your soft skin!
- Keep refrigerated between use.
This recipe fills up one pint-sized Mason jar, so if you’re feeling generous, fill two half pint jars inside and give one to your bestie. Or if you hate pineapples, try this DIY Grapefruit Mint Sugar Scrub instead.