This Mango Coconut S’mores Waffle Recipe has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DiscoverBrookside #CollectiveBias
Did you know that August is National S’mores Month? I jumped the gun a bit with last month’s s’mores posts, but ever since last month, I have been on a s’mores kick! And then I decided I needed to make s’mores for breakfast! But making regular s’mores for breakfast seemed like cheating, like I’m just making dessert and eating it first thing in the morning. So that’s when I thought of … s’mores waffles! But wait, s’mores waffles? Still sounds like I’m just eating dessert for breakfast … so I decided it needed some fruit: Mango Coconut S’mores Waffles!Ok, so it’s still not the healthiest breakfast … so what. Make it on the weekend! Or make it when you’re hosting brunch and want to impress people with your gourmet s’mores waffles!But whatever you do, just make them! Trust me! You’re going to need a few ingredients, including a few Brookside Mango Coconut Family Bars.
- 2 cups all purpose flour, sifted
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3.5 Tbsp honey
- ⅓ cup whole milk
- 1.5 Tbsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup chocolate syrup
- 1 cup marshmallows, toasted
- 1 Brookside Mango Coconut Family Bar, shaved or chopped
- 1 mango, sliced
- ¾ cup sweetened coconut shavings
- optional mint garnish
- In a bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
- Put the butter in a mixer and cream it. Then add the dry ingredients to the creamed butter.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the milk, honey, and vanilla.
- Slowly add the milk mixture to the butter mixture.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- While dough is refrigerated, toast your coconut shavings and marshmallows in the broiler.
- When dough is ready, cover your hands in flour and press out 3 circular rounds.
- Waffle the dough according to your waffle maker's manufacturing instructions.
- Lightly drizzle waffle with chocolate syrup and top with toasted marshmallows, Brookside Mango Coconut Family Bar shavings, mango slices, and toasted coconut shavings.
- Optional mint garnish.
The Brookside Mango Coconut Family Bars were the inspiration for this recipe and they are sold exclusively at Target. So the next time you’re at Target to stock up on cute teeshirts or donut backpacks, be sure to pick up some of the fruity chocolate bars so you can make mango coconut s’mores waffles for your family next weekend.
And if you don’t like Mango or Coconut, you can substitute out the Brookside Mango Coconut Family Bar for one of the other Brookside flavors such as the Summer Berry Family Bar or Dark Chocolate Blueberry. Which one will you try?