This Rice Krispies Treats Ice Cream recipe has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TreatYourselfToSummer #CollectiveBias
Summer officially kicks off tomorrow, so treat yourself to summer with some Rice Krispies Ice Cream! This ice cream is exactly what you think it is: a marshmallowy, Rice Krispies treat in a cone! I like to churn my own ice cream from scratch – my husband raves about how creamy it is – but if you don’t have an ice cream maker, you can easily make this ice cream by simply mixing together some slightly melted vanilla ice cream with chunks of Rice Krispies treats, marshmallows, and Rice Krispies cereal and then refreeze. But if you do have an ice cream maker, I’ve got the full recipe for you below. You’ll need a few ingredients. First, you need to make Rice Krispies treats. You can find the recipe on the back of the Kellogg’s Original Rice Krispies Cereal box. And here’s the recipe to make the ice cream:
- Rice Krispies Treats:
- 3 Tb butter
- 4 cups mini Jet-Puffed Marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg's Original Rice Krispies Cereal
- Ice Cream:
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- ¾ cup granulated sugar, divided
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1½ tsp. vanilla
- 5 egg yolks
- Rice Krispies Treats
- 1 cup mini Jet-Puffed Marshmallows
- Serve in Keebler Ice Cream Cups
- Follow the instructions on the back of the Kellogg's Original Rice Krispies Cereal box to make Rice Krispies treats. Set aside.
- Combine the milk, heavy whipping cream, half the sugar, salt, and vanilla in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking intermittently.
- While heating, combine the egg yolks and the other half of sugar in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- When the milk mixture has come to a boil, pour ⅓ of it into the egg mixture and stir. Then pour another ⅓ and stir, and then the final ⅓ and stir.
- Next, pour the entire mixture back into the saucepan and heat, stirring constantly for 2 minutes, but do not let it come to a boil.
- Then transfer the mixture to a boil, allow to come to room temperature and then refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- After mixture is chilled, follow the manufacturer's instructions on your ice cream maker to make the ice cream.
- Add chunks of Rice Krispies treats and extra Jet-Puffed Mini Marshmallows into the ice cream during its last 3 minutes of churning.
- Then transfer ice cream to a freezer safe container for storing.
- Serve in Keebler Ice Cream Cups. You can add Rice Krispies cereal and marshmallows on top for extra garnish.
I like to serve my ice cream in Keebler Ice Cream Cups. They are the perfect size for one or two scoops and I love that they are flat on the bottom so you set the Ice Cream Cup flat on the counter, scoop, then call for someone to come grab it and eat the ice cream before it melts! I purchased my Keebler Ice Cream Cups at Target where you can use the Cartwheel offer to save 10% on Keebler Cones from 6/18/17 – 7/8/17. And if you’re going to make Rice Krispies treats or Rice Krispies Ice Cream, then be sure to use the Checkout 51 offer to get $1 cash back when you purchase Rice Krispies Cereal and Jet-Puffed Marshmallows between 5/18 – 7/12 at Target.
And, for more great Kellogg inspiration, check out the social hub here!