I am a member of Wayfair’s Homemaker Program and Wayfair has sponsored this Miami Vice Cocktail Recipe. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.
Have you heard of a Miami Vice? The name totally makes me laugh! I first had one in Curacao on the beach at the resort where we were staying on our honeymoon. The resort’s beach had bar service and when I asked the waiter to bring us something beachy and refreshing, he recommended the Miami Vice. It wasn’t until we received the pink and white drinks that I understood the name. (Just in case Miami Vice was before your time … click here.) The cocktail is 50% Piña Colada, 50% Strawberry Daquiri, and 100% delicious! It is seriously my go to drink at tiki bars and Mexican food restaurants. It’s very similar to a Lava Flow or a Chi Chi!
With two newborn babies at home, it’s unlikely that we’ll be going to a beach anytime soon, so I figured I might as well bring the beach to us! This drink is super easy to make using store-bought Piña Colada and Strawberry Daquiri drink mixes. Like I said, two newborn babies at home. Ha! But, you can fancy those pre-made drink mixers up by adding some fresh strawberries to the blender when mixing. Or you can make your own mixers – but you’ll have to figure that out on another blog because this mama ain’t got time for that right now! Here’s the gist of the recipe, yours may differ based on your pina colada or daquiri mixer.
- 3 oz white rum
- 10 oz pina colada mix
- 2-3 cups ice
- 2 oz white rum
- 8 oz strawberry daquiri mix
- 2-3 cups ice
- 1 cup strawberries
- pineapple leaves, slices, and strawberries as garnish
- In a blender, mix together 3 oz white rum, 10 oz pina colada mix, and 2-3 cups of ice. (Start with 2 and see if it needs more or if it's too thin). Pour into a pitcher.
- In the blender, then add 2 oz white rum, 8 oz strawberry daquiri mix, 1 cup of strawberries, 2-3 cups of ice. (Start with 2 and see if it needs more or if it's too thin.)
- Pour a bit of the strawberry daquiri mixture into a glass, then pour your pina colada mix, and finish with more strawberry daquiri.
- Garnish with a slice of pineapple, some pineapple leaves, and a strawberry!
I made these using my Ninja blender. And I served them in my favorite tall glasses. You can find some similar here.What’s your favorite beach cocktail? Let me know in a comment!