With all the milkshakes, donuts, and sweet treats I make, sometimes I have to eat a smarter lunch, so today I’m sharing my recipe for a Turkey Bacon Lettuce and Tomato Sandwich. Is that a BLTT, a TBLT, a BTLT? I don’t know. I guess it depends on where you put the turkey! I’m going to go with TBLT because I think it sounds cooler. I’ve also been trying to eat more protein (because I don’t get enough …) so adding turkey to a BLT is perfect for adding for protein to my diet! And I’ve got my perfect Turkey BLT sandwich (or TBLT sammie) recipe below for you! Have you ever read a Wikipedia article for something considered “everyday”? I read the Wiki article for the BLT sandwich to learn the sandwich’s history and it made me laugh because it talks about some chef who thinks you should get rid of the lettuce since it doesn’t really add flavor, just crunch. Chefs are silly people. I mean, if you get rid of the L in a BLT then all you have is a bacon tomato sandwich and that just isn’t as catchy. Anyhow, you’re going to need a few ingredients. The below recipe is for making 3 Turkey BLT sandwiches.
- 6 slices of whole wheat bread, toasted
- 3 Tbsp mayonnaise (or mayonnaise replacement)
- 2 Tbsp mustard
- 6 oz Oscar Mayer Selects Natural Applewood Smoked Turkey
- 3 slices of bacon, extra crispy
- 2-3 small tomatoes, sliced
- 3 handfuls of lettuce
- Start by toasting your bread. I mean, you don't have to toast it, but it's better.
- Then add a half tbsp of mayonnaise to one side of each piece of toast, followed by a bit of mustard. Mix the mayonnaise and mustard together.
- Next, add a handful of lettuce to each sandwich, followed by some sliced tomatoes. I used 2-3 sliced medium sized tomatoes because that's where the flavor is at this time of year, but during the summer, I would use 1-2 slices of a beefsteak tomato.
- Next, top your tomato with 2 oz of turkey.
- Finish with one slice of crispy bacon, broken in half to fit the sandwich better.
- Finally, top the sandwich with the other piece of toasted bread.
- Add a toothpick if you'd like - I added a cherry tomato to the top of my toothpick because I always fear someone biting into the sandwich without noticing the toothpick and basically piercing their tongue. Yeah, I have strange fears.
- Repeat for the other sandwiches.
I use Oscar Mayer Selects Natural Applewood Smoked Turkey in my TBLT because it is made with no artificial ingredients, no artificial flavors, no artificial colors, no by-products, and is minimally processed. Oscar Mayer Selects Natural is the perfect choice for anyone looking for quality cold cuts that have no artificial ingredients and delicious taste. Oscar Mayer Selects Natural is available in five flavorful varieties including Slow Roasted Turkey, Applewood Smoked Turkey, Rotisserie Seasoned Chicken, Applewood Smoked Ham and Slow Roasted Roast Beef. You can learn more about Selects Natural and all the Oscar Mayer products on OscarMayer.com
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.