These Veggie and Feta Stuffed Sweet Potatoes have been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
I can’t believe it’s already October! It’s nearly Halloween and before you know it, it will be Thanksgiving. Time seems to fly so quickly, but luckily, you won’t need a lot of time to make these Veggie and Feta Stuffed Sweet Potatoes! These stuffed sweet potatoes are overflowing with mushrooms, spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, and feta cheese making them healthy and hearty! I feel like they don’t take a lot of time to make because while the sweet potatoes roast in the oven for awhile, cooking the mushrooms and spinach and assembling the potatoes is a super quick 10 minutes. And if you want to speed up the process, simply pop the sweet potatoes in the microwave for a bit before roasting them in the oven.
And they are perfect for fall season meals! They would be great as a side or even a side dish for Thanksgiving! But be sure to try the recipe out before then! You won’t want to wait a month and a half to try these! Want the recipe? Here you go:
- 5- 6 Sweet Potatoes
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced
- 2 cups spinach
- ½ cup feta
- ¾ cup plain yogurt
- ½ lemon
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- Wash your sweet potatoes, poke holes in them with a fork, and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 1-1.5 hours or until done.
- To roast the tomatoes, spread sliced tomatoes on a baking sheet, drizzle with EVOO and roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Keep an eye on them.
- When potatoes are done, sauté mushrooms in a skillet in EVOO on medium heat. I cooked them for 8 minutes, then drained the water and extra EVOO, and then added my roasted tomatoes and spinach and sautéed for another 2 minutes.
- Slice your sweet potatoes and push the ends together to open a pocket.
- Fill the potatoes with mushrooms, tomatoes, and spinach.
- Top with crumbled feta cheese.
- If you want to add a dressing, combine the plain yogurt with the juice of half a lemon to make a lemon crema and drizzle over the sweet potatoes.
I picked up the fresh ingredients for these Veggie and Feta Stuffed Sweet Potatoes at Sam’s Club. And if you’re purchasing all your healthy ingredients on the second Saturday of the month, be sure to check out the free health screenings that Sam’s Club offers. The next one happens on 10/8, so be sure to check with your local Sam’s Club to see if they offer this service. And you should also check out Healthy Living Made Simple, Sam’s Club’s online magazine. Mushrooms are the super food of the month on HLMS.com where you can read all about mushrooms and learn what the pharaohs of Egypt believed them to be 4,600 years ago! Any guesses? Let me know in a comment below.