This Veggie Pulled Pork Chili with Grilled Jalapeño Cornbread recipe has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TailgateWithATwist #CollectiveBias
Ok, so there is a major heat wave rolling though Los Angeles, and maybe it’s because it’s so hot, but I’ve been dreaming of cooler weather and fall flavors which is how I came up with this quick and easy Veggie Pulled Pork Chili with Grilled Jalapeño Cornbread. This isn’t slow cooker chili, it’s 30 minute stove-top chili and that pulled pork? It’s vegetarian! It’s the NEW MorningStar Farms® Veggie Pulled Pork!Will you be grilling on Labor Day? If it doesn’t cool down, by next Monday, I’m just going to eat ice cream all day! Just kidding! I think we’re going to try to grill dinner, but if it’s still this hot, I might just make this quick and easy Veggie Pulled Pork Chili (because I can make it inside with the nice, cold A/C blasting) and then quickly add some grill flavor to the Jalapeño Cornbread. If you’re like me and already thinking about comfort food for the fall season, I’ve got the recipe right here for you. This is great for Labor Day, Meatless Mondays, tailgating, or cooking up a double batch if hosting friends for Football Game Time! Don’t worry if it looks like a lot of ingredients, most are in cans, so the hardest part is just opening up all the cans and emptying the contents into the pot.
- 1 can Chili Beans
- 1 can Black Beans
- 1 can Tomato Sauce
- 1 can diced, Fire-Roasted Tomatoes
- 1 can Sweet Corn
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 1 small White Onion, diced
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 package MorningStar Farms Veggie Pulled Pork
- Optional: Shredded Cheddar Cheese, Sour Cream, Cilantro
- Optional Grilled Cornbread: Cornbread Mix, Egg, Milk, Sliced Jalapeno Peppers
- In a stock pot, combine the Chili Beans, Black Beans, Tomato Sauce, Fire-Roasted Tomatoes, Sweet Corn, Chicken Broth, diced White Onion, Chili Powder, Ground Cumin, and salt and pepper. Allow the mixture to simmer over medium-low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occassionally.
- While it simmers, bake your cornbread (if using a box mix, follow the manufacturer's instructions and add a small can of diced jalapeno peppers). When done baking, add some grill flavor and color by placing it on the top rack of your heated grill for several minutes.
- After 30 minutes, follow the instructions to heat the MorningStar Farms Veggie Pulled Pork.
- Add your chili to a bowl, top with some MorningStar Farms Veggie Pulled Pork, shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, and cilantro.
MorningStar Farms® products are not only for vegetarians – they are for everyone! And vegetarian foods can be part of your life in family get-togethers such as Labor Day, while still preserving the spirit of grilling out! They have so many different products to chose from and are America’s #1 Veggie Burger Brand. I picked up my chili ingredients and the NEW MorningStar Farms® Veggie Pulled Pork and MorningStar Farms® Veggie Dogs from Walmart where you should be sure to use the Ibotta offer to earn $3.00 with purchase of 3 MorningStar Farms products.