This Trick or Treat Party has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, Mars, Incorporated. All opinions are mine alone.
Today I’m throwing a literal Trick or Treat Party where guests can stock up on tricks as well as treats! This Trick or Treat Party is fully stocked with tricks including whoopee cushions, googly eyes, silly glasses, fake teeth, silly string, etc. as well as treats including DOVE Milk Chocolate Ghosts, M&M’S Boo-terscotch White Chocolate, and Starburst! But there’s more than just trick and treat goodies! This party also features a Brew-Ha-Ha Punch and M&M’S BOO-tterscotch White Chocolate and Butterscotch Brownie Cookies! Want to throw your own Trick or Treat party? Here’s all the details!
First, I set up the tricks and treats. I simply filled a punch bowl with tricks such as whoopee cushions, googly eyes, silly glasses, fake teeth, silly string and I filled tall and small vases with treats including DOVE Milk Chocolate Ghosts, M&M’S BOO-tterscotch White Chocolate, and Starburst Halloween Mix. I then set up to-go bags for guests to fill up and take their tricks and treats to go! And since guests need to eat and drink, I set up a drink dispenser filled with a Brew-Ha-Ha punch and set out colorful cookie wafers and M&M’S BOO-tterscotch White Chocolate and Butterscotch Brownie Cookies to eat! The M&M’S BOO-tterscotch White Chocolate and Butterscotch Brownie Cookies cookies are super easy to make, here’s the recipe:
- ⅔ cup shortening
- ⅓ cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1-1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup M&M'S BOO-tterscotch White Chocolate
- ¼ cup M&M'S BOO-tterscotch White Chocolate (as garnish on top)
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix shortening, brown sugar, water and vanilla in large bowl in a stand mixer until combined.
- Add eggs; mix well.
- Mix flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda in a separate bowl.
- Slowly add cocoa mixture into the stand mixer, mixing on low speed until combined.
- Stir in butterscotch chips and M&M'S Boo-terscotch White Chocolate.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Add 3 M&M'S BOO-tterscotch White Chocolate to the top of each brownie cookie.
- Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until cookies are set. Cookies will appear soft and moist. Do not over bake. Cool 3 minutes on baking pan; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack to cool completely.
I kept the decor modern and simple using a gold balloon banner spelling Trick or Treat. When you have jars of candy and toys, you don’t need a bunch more decor! I picked up all of my treats, the M&M’s BOO-tterscotch, the Dove Milk Chocolate Ghosts, and the Starburst Halloween Mix at Target in the Halloween aisle. I was at Target browsing the Halloween aisles the very day they started setting up to check out the new decor and candy! And M&M’s BOO-tterscotch and Dove Milk Chocolate Ghosts are exclusive to Target!
So which would you choose, a trick, or a treat?