Woohoo! Tomorrow is the 1st of October which means it’s okay for me to put up all the Halloween decorations! It also means that I will need to start reminding the Mister to NOT open any of the bags of candy before Halloween. We get between 700-1,000 kids trick-or-treating on Halloween night, so we have to buy a TON of candy and every year I tell him not to open a single bag, but he always does. So if you’re like my husband, I’ve got a caramel apple recipe for you: Halloween Candy Bar Caramel Apple!
Here’s my last caramel apple tip of the series: If you’re dipping your apple into both caramel sauce and chocolate or another dip, be sure to dip it in caramel sauce first. If you do the reverse, the chocolate will simply melt. For more tricks and tips, be sure to check out the other caramel apple recipes I shared. The links are all below.
- 5 apples, de-waxed
- 5 sticks
- 1 bag of caramel bits
- 1 bag of milk chocolate chips
- 12-15 mini chocolate candy bars of your choice. I used 5 varieties.
- ½ bag of white chocolate chips
- Remove the wax from the apples by dipping each apple into boiling water mixed with 2 tsp. vinegar for 4 seconds each and wipe off.
- Insert your popsicle sticks into the apple core.
- Refrigerate your apples while melting the caramel bits.
- Once the caramel is melted, dip each apple in caramel up to and including where the stick is inserted to seal the apple.
- Allow the excess caramel to drip off and scrape the bottom of the apple of excess caramel before placing the apple on wax paper.
- When finished with the caramel, add the extra to a squeeze bottle to use for drizzle.
- Once all 5 apples are dipped, melt your chocolate chips according the manufacturer's instructions on the back of the bag.
- While the chips are melting, prep your candy bars by coarsely chopping them into chunks - have them ready on a flat surface, ready to roll the apple onto.
- Then dip your caramel apple in the chocolate about ⅔ of the way up to the top and immediately roll your apple in the coarsely chopped candy bar bits. Some will fall off, that's ok, we'll reattach them in a bit.
- Dip all your apples in chocolate and roll in chocolate bar chunks.
- Then melt your white chocolate and add it to a squeeze bottle.
- Start with the caramel squeeze tube and drizzle generously over the candy bar and apple, reattaching any candy bits that have fallen off.
- Then finished with white chocolate drizzle.
I hope you enjoyed all of the caramel apples! In case you missed the previous posts, here are the links:
- White Chocolate Potato Chip Caramel Apple
- S’mores Caramel Apple
- Sriracha Ranch Popcorn Caramel Apple
- Apple Pie Caramel Apple
Will you be making caramel apples this October for a Halloween party? Let me know which one you will make in the comments!