This Gingerbread Donuts Recipe has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
What are your holiday traditions? My friends and family and I have a few traditions, but I would like to start a few new ones, perhaps getting together with friends and family to go and see Christmas Lights? At this get-together I would love to serve coffee and donuts, but not just any donuts, Gingerbread Donuts! And not just any coffee, Starbucks Holiday Blend! We live so close to Christmas Tree Lane in Pasadena that we really have no excuse NOT to go and see the lights! Did you know that Christmas Tree Lane is the oldest large-scale Christmas lighting spectacle in the United States? They have been lit yearly since 1920! Now THAT’s tradition! It will be awesome to invite some friends and family over in a few weeks for coffee and donuts before a drive to see the Christmas Tree Lane lights.
- 1 cup flour
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp ground cloves
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup apple sauce
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 Tbsp molasses
- Maple Icing:
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp milk
- Preheat your oven to 350 and measure your ingredients.
- Cream your brown sugar and butter, then add your wet ingredients, the egg, vanilla extract, apple sauce, milk, and molasses, and mix for 1-2 minutes in your mixer on low.
- As it mixes, sift together your dry ingredients and slowly add them to your wet mixture.
- When everything is combined, mix for an additional minute.
- Add ¼ cup of batter to your greased donut wells.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- As your donuts are baking, combine your powdered sugar, maple syrup, and milk in your mixer fitted with the whisk attachment and mix.
- When your donuts are done, let them sit in the pan for 5 minutes before removing them to a cooling rack.
- Once cool, ice with your maple icing and enjoy!
What are your favorite holiday traditions? Let me know in the comments if Gingerbread Donuts and Starbucks coffee will become a staple of one of your new traditions!