This Peach Iced Tea Recipe has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
Have you the noticed the reemergence of the Porching trend? And by “Porching” I mean sitting out on the front porch with friends and family, reading, playing cards or games, and enjoying a cool, summer beverage. When the Mister and I travel to the Mid-west or the South, we spot a lot of “front-porchers!” And I am loving the reemergence of this past-time. I think it’s great to slow down, spend some time with loved ones, and just watch the world go by, so today I’m sharing some of my favorite Front Porch must-haves along with the perfect Peach Iced Tea recipe.The recipe is below, but be sure to stay all the way until the end where I include all of my current favorite Front Porch must-haves which are perfect for starting some Front Porch memories!
- 2 Bigelow Perfect Peach herbal tea bags
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 package of frozen pink lemonade or lemonade starter
- 5 cups cold water
- 1 peach, sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 6-8 mint sprigs (or frozen mint ice cubes)
- Start by boiling your 2 cups of water. After water comes to a boil, pour water into heat safe container and add 2 peach tea bags and steep tea for 10 minutes.
- While tea is steeping, prep your pink lemonade according to the manufacturer's directions.
- Slice your peach, and slice your lemon in circular rounds to use as a garnish.
- Then add 1-2 mint sprigs to each glass and muddle the mint (lightly crush) and add some ice.
- Then, when the tea is finished steeping, add it to the pink lemonade and pour over the ice in your glasses.
- Add the peach slices, garnish with a lemon slice, add a straw, and enjoy!
And can I just tell you how AMAZING the tea smelled while it was steaming? The Bigelow foil tea pouch does not lie – it really does smell just like a freshly baked peach pie!
And I just have to say that right after I made the pitcher of iced tea, I asked my husband to try it and then we did EXACTLY what Porch Peach Iced Tea is intended for … we took out glasses out to the porch (the back porch) and enjoyed our iced tea and each others’ company for a moment in the middle of a busy, busy day! It was the husband’s idea! He said, “Wow, this is so refreshing, let’s go and enjoy this outside!” It was so nice to be able to just sit and take a little break and enjoy some iced tea. And here are some of my current front porch favorites:
And if you would like to make Porch Peach Iced Tea in the future so you can enjoy your own little porch moment, be sure to pin the below image to your Food & Drink Recipe board on Pinterest!I picked up my Bigelow Perfect Peach herbal tea in the tea section of the grocery store. And after reading up on the company, I loved learning that Bigelow is 100% American made and is America’s largest family-owned tea company and they are celebrating their 70th Anniversary this year! In fact, the company was started by Ruth Bigelow in a New York City townhouse and her husband and son would hand paint the labels every night to spruce up the packaging! The company has come a long way since their hand painting days!
Are you a hot tea or iced tea drinker? What’s your favorite Bigelow herbal tea flavor?