Disclaimer: This Raspberry Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast is sponsored by Overstock’s Farmers Market division. Thank you for supporting the brands that support this blog.
With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, I’ve got a fabulous Raspberry Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast recipe perfect for spoiling your loved one with breakfast in bed. And it was so easy to pull off because I partnered with Overstock.com’s Farmer’s Market service.Overstock has partnered with farmers in areas around the country to bring fresh produce and goods right to your doorstep. Instead of ordering an assorted veggie box, I placed an order for the Assorted Breakfast Bundle using my area’s (Los Angeles) Out of the Box Collective farmer’s market service. My Breakfast Bundle arrived on my doorstep and the next morning I was able to whip up a delicious breakfast using many of the ingredients. The Breakfast Bundle included a whole-wheat bread loaf, an almond danish and pistachio danish, a dozen Dare to Dream farm fresh eggs, a container of raspberries, one quart of fresh squeezed orange juice, Straus Family Creamery yogurt, and From the Fields granola. It also includes a map of where all of the ingredients were grown, laid, baked, or squeezed. Given the bread, eggs, and raspberries, I knew I had to make french toast! Then I whipped up a little side of yogurt with granola, added a danish with honey, unscrewed the lid on the orange juice, added a napkin, some cutlery, and flowers to my tray, and I was all ready to serve breakfast in bed!Are you ready for the Raspberry Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast recipe? Outside of the delivered Breakfast Bundle, it just requires picking up some cream cheese, milk, and mint from the store in addition to some pantry staples.
- French Toast:
- 1 bread loaf sliced into 2" slices
- 1 cup milk
- (or ½ cup milk and ½ cup creamer)
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp sugar
- 4 Tbsp butter, divided
- 2 Tbsp powdered sugar for dusting
- Optional: mint garnish
- Raspberry Cream Cheese:
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 package of raspberries (set some whole aside as garnish)
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- Start by prepping your cream cheese. Puree the raspberries in a blender or food processor, then place them in your mixer with the whisk attachment along with the cream cheese and vanilla and combine until fully incorporated.
- Next, prep your french toast. Start by slicing your loaf into 2" slices. Then cut a slice ¾ of the way through the tops of each of the 2" slices so it forms a pocket.
- Next, combine your milk, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, salt, and sugar in a bowl and whisk.
- Prep your skillet with 2 Tbsp of butter and start to heat over medium heat.
- Dunk two slices of toast into your egg mixture and when butter is melted, add your two slices to your skillet and grill each slice on each side until golden brown.
- Repeat with other slices.
- When finished, stuff the raspberry cream cheese into the pocket of each 2" french toast slice.
- Garnish with extra cream cheese, raspberries, mint, and powdered sugar.
- Serve with maple syrup.
In addition to the Breakfast Bundle, I also ordered some amazing honey from the Overstock Farmer’s Market Farmstand, a boutique farmer’s market service which delivers boutique farmer’s market items like honey, pies, cheeses, and meats and ships straight to your door. The honey was perfect for adding to my breakfast recipes (like topping the almond danish) and I can’t wait to order more as gifts for family and friends. I also might need to order some of these biscuits since my husband loves some biscuits and gravy! And what I loved about the Breakfast Bundle is that it can definitely feed a family! My french toast served up about 5-6 slices and there is plenty of yogurt and granola! The orange juice can serve about 4 if you pour it into smaller glasses, and if you slice the danishes in halves or quarters, everyone can get a taste. So this is a great bundle for a husband/father to purchase if he wants to do breakfast in bed with the kiddos for Valentine’s Day or even Mother’s Day!
I hope you get some breakfast in bed this Sunday!