It’s the last Friday of the month, so one more s’more recipe today and then no s’more. (Sorry, I had to.) Today’s s’mores recipe is S’mores Cookies!This recipe is relatively easy. If you can make chocolate chip cookies, then you can make these! I mean, really, we’re just adding chocolate chunks, graham cracker bits, and marshmallows to a slightly modified chocolate chip cookie base.Here’s the needed ingredients:
- 1 3/4 cups flour, sifted
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups shortening (or 2 sticks butter)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups mini marshmallows, divided
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1.5 cups coarsely chopped graham crackers, divided
- 1.5 cups coarsely chopped chocolate bar, divided
- Measure out your ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine shortening, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla in mixing bowl and mix for 2-3 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing between each.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl and slowly add to shortening mixture.
- Add 1 cup of graham cracker crumbs and mix.
- Once combined, carefully fold half the marshmallows, half the larger graham cracker bits, and half the chopped chocolate bar to mixture.
- Spoon rounded tablespoons of dough onto cookie sheet and bake cookies for 7 minutes.
- Then remove cookie sheet from oven and add a few graham cracker bits, 3 marshmallows, and a pinch of chocolate bar bits to the tops of each cookie. Replace into oven and continue baking for 2-3 more minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and move cookies onto cooling racks.
When you’re making these, just make sure to add some some extra graham crackers, chocolate chunks, and marshmallows to the tops of the cookies in the last 2 minutes of baking so they get nice and melted and toasty.
If you love s’mores, be sure to check out my S’mores Popcorn Recipe, S’mores in a Jar Recipe, S’mores Ice Cream Recipe, and my S’mores Bar setup which is perfect for your next party!And if you try any of my s’mores recipes, please let me know your favorite in the comments below!