If you’re looking for a different spin on the regular ol’ boring turkey sandwich make from Thanksgiving leftovers, consider making a Turkey Gorgonzola Grilled Cheese Sandwich with arugula! I should’ve taken a photo of the sandwich pre-grilling, but it is loaded with gorgonzola cheese and piled high with arugula leaves. It is definitely different than the usual Thanksgiving leftovers. If you want to make this sandwich after Thanksgiving, be sure to pin the below image or print out the recipe below.
- 2 slices of bread
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2-3 slices of turkey
- 3-4 Tbsp gorgonzola cheese
- Handful of arugula
- Start by buttering your bread, lay one side butter-side down in a skillet.
- Add 2 Tbsp of gorgonzola to the bread in the skillet.
- Top it with 2-3 slices of turkey.
- Add a big handful of arugula, more than you might think.
- Top the arugula with additional gorgonzola (so the bread sticks to the sandwich).
- And finish with the other slice of bread, butter side up.
- Grill each side until nicely browned.
- Garish with a toothpick of cranberries.
And if you’re making sandwiches to serve a crowd, stick some toothpicks through some cranberries to add a bit of color as the garnish. If you’re not into grilled cheese sandwiches, check out last week’s Thanksgiving Leftovers recipe, Turkey Hash on Potato Pancakes. And come back next weekend to see what I do with those leftover cranberries!