Today I’m sharing a great potluck dish, Baked Nacho Casserole, which is perfect for taking to picnics, parties, and get-togethers!What’s great about this perfect potluck dish is that it can be considered either an appetizer with the nacho chips or a main dish because of the added beef. So if the hostess needs to set out an appetizer, she can set out this casserole early for guests to enjoy. Or, if she needs a main dish or side, then this can be set out with the main course!
This dish will definitely be a hit at your next event! I mean, who doesn’t like nachos? But this is even easier than nachos, because you just simply heat it up and serve! And if you want to add some greens to it, serve it on a bed of shredded lettuce and you have an instant taco salad.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup sour cream, divided
- 1/4 cup of water
- taco seasoning mix
- 3-4 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup corn
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- 2 1/2 cups Mexican cheese blend
- 1 bag of tortilla chips
- 2 green onions, diced
- Preheat oven to 350
- Brown 1 pound of beef over stovetop. Drain if excess fat.
- Add 1/4 cup water, 1/3 cup sour cream, taco seasoning and stir.
- Add diced tomatoes, corn, green bell pepper, onion and stir. Let simmer for 5 minutes. Salt to taste.
- Spray casserole dish with cooking spray and add a layer of tortilla chips on the base.
- Add a layer of meat and top with a layer of cheese blend.
- Repeat with another layer of meat mix and cheese blend.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove, add an additional layer of chips in a circle in the middle and top with extra cheese blend.
- Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, top with remaining sour cream, sprinkle with green onions and serve!