I am not a huge fan of marshmallows, but I do love s’mores! And with the 4th of July fast approaching, I thought I would share this easy to serve version of s’mores with S’mores in a Jar! In fact, every Friday of this month, I’ll be sharing a new s’mores recipe!The great thing about using Ball Mason jars as drinking glasses at our wedding is that I now have a billion jars to use for things like S’mores in a Jar! So I grabbed the ingredients for s’mores (graham crackers, marshmallows, and chocolate) along with some chocolate pudding and some half pint Mason jars and quickly whipped up this campy dessert!The recipe is super simple and this is a great treat to serve at parties if don’t want to start the fire pit. Plus, this dessert is a bit less messy in a handheld jar than the original gooey s’mores recipe.
And the pudding is a great addition! Or another idea? If you’re okay with making these and then serving right away, swap the pudding for chocolate or vanilla ice cream!
S'mores in a Jar Recipe
- 2 packages (wrapped bricked) of graham crackers
- 20-25 large marshmallows
- chocolate bar
- chocolate pudding mix
- 4-5 mason jars
- Start by making the pudding by following the directions on the instant pudding box (probably add 2 cups of milk to your pudding mix and beat well for 2 minutes). Then put the pudding in the fridge.
- Next, grind your 2 packages of graham crackers in a food processor or blender until you have small crumbs.
- Take out your Mason jars and pour half of the graham cracker crumbs into the jars, keeping the rest for another layer.
- Then spoon a helping of pudding into each jar.
- Repeat the process with the remaining graham cracker crumbs and another layer of pudding.
- Then add some chocolate shavings to the top of the pudding (to melt when under the broiler).
- And finally top with 4-5 marshmallows.
- Pop the jars into your broiler for a few seconds to brown the marshmallows.
- Remove and serve - but be sure to test how hot the jar is before handling. It should be ok as the jars don't get too hot, but better safe than sorry.
Banana Cream Split in a Jar Recipe
Tuesday 11th of August 2015
[…] month for the 4th of July I tried this S’mores in a Jar recipe and I loved how easy it was for prepping before a party, easy serving, plus it’s a […]
S’mores Ice Cream Recipe
Sunday 19th of July 2015
[…] Friday, another s’mores recipe! Did you catch my first two s’mores recipes – S’mores in a Jar and a S’mores Milkshake? Since it’s National Ice Cream Month, today I’m sharing […]
S’mores Milkshake Recipe
Friday 10th of July 2015
[…] I’m back with another S’mores recipe! Did you miss the first one? Last week I shared S’mores in a Jar with toasted marshmallows, of course! Today’s recipe is a S’mores Milkshake! This […]