If you’re still trying to figure out something to make for the Super Bowl, don’t worry, I’ve got you covered! These Chili Cheese Corn Dog Muffins are easy to whip up and are perfect for satisfying a crowd. Yes, that’s a cornbread muffin stuffed with hot dogs and green onions then topped with cheese and baked. Then topped with chili, MORE cheese, sour cream, and more green onions! And it’s amazing! It takes about 20 minutes to whip up a dozen, but that counts the baking time which you can use to make other apps or snacks … or watch the commercials. I mean, let’s face it, that’s all anyone cares about anyway, right? (I couldn’t even tell you which two teams are playing …) But I can tell you that these Chili Cheese Corn Dog Muffins will be a crowd pleaser! They’re a bit messy, so make sure you serve them on plates or in baskets and have some napkins on hand. Ready to make them? The recipe is below and you’ll need a few ingredients:
Who are you rooting for to win the Super Bowl on Sunday? I’m rooting for some good commercials!
Chili Cheese Corn Dog Muffins Recipe
- 2 packages of corn bread mix
- - mine required 2 eggs and 2/3 cup of milk, follow your manufacturer's instructions for eggs/milk
- 7 hot dogs, sliced in half inch rounds
- 3-4 green onions, diced
- 1 can chili con carne
- 1 block of sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- Preheat your oven according to your cornbread mix instructions.
- Mix your cornbread according to your cornbread mix instructions.
- I made half my muffins with green onions in the cornbread and half without, your choice. If you're making them WITH green onions, then stir them into the mixture along with your hot dog rounds.
- Fill your greased muffin pan. My instructions said 2/3 full, I went full full.
- If you want to add more hot dogs so they stick out the top, do so.
- Then top each muffin with a handful of cheddar cheese and bake.
- While the muffins are baking, warm your Chile Con Carne by following the instructions.
- When the muffins are done baking, remove them from the oven and the muffin pan, and top each muffin with a scoop of Chili Con Carne, another handful of cheddar cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and a sprinkling of green onions.
- Serve with corn chips and a napkin!