This Chili Cheese Corn Dog Muffin Recipe has been compensated by Smart & Final. All opinions are mine alone.
If you’re still trying to figure out something to make for Sunday’s Big Game, don’t worry, I’ve got you covered! These Chili Cheese Corn Dog Muffins are easy to whip up and are perfect for satisfying a crowd. Yes, that’s a cornbread muffin stuffed with hot dogs and green onions then topped with cheese and baked. Then topped with chili, MORE cheese, sour cream, and more green onions! And it’s amazing! It takes about 20 minutes to whip up a dozen, but that counts the baking time which you can use to make other apps or snacks … or watch the commercials. I mean, let’s face it, that’s all anyone cares about anyway, right? (I couldn’t even tell you which two teams are playing …) But I can tell you that these muffins will be a crowd pleaser! They’re a bit messy, so make sure you serve them on plates or in baskets and have some napkins on hand. Ready to make these? Here’s the recipe:
- 2 packages of corn bread mix
- - mine required 2 eggs and ⅔ cup of milk, follow your manufacturer's instructions for eggs/milk
- 7 hot dogs, sliced in half inch rounds
- 3-4 green onions, diced
- 1 can First Street Chili Con Carne
- 1 block of First Street Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- ½ cup of First Street Sour Cream.
- Preheat your oven according to your cornbread mix instructions.
- Mix your cornbread according to your cornbread mix instructions.
- I made half my muffins with green onions in the cornbread and half without, your choice. If you're making them WITH green onions, then stir them into the mixture along with your hot dog rounds.
- Fill your greased muffin pan. My instructions said ⅔ full, I went full full.
- If you want to add more hot dogs so they stick out the top, do so.
- Then top each muffin with a handful of cheddar cheese and bake.
- While the muffins are baking, warm your Chile Con Carne by following the instructions.
- When the muffins are done baking, remove them from the oven and the muffin pan, and top each muffin with a scoop of Chili Con Carne, another handful of cheddar cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and a sprinkling of green onions.
- Serve with corn chips and a napkin!
I picked up all of my ingredients to make these Chili Cheese Corn Dog Muffins at Smart & Final. It’s truly a one-stop shop for everything you might need to host a Game Day party and you get in and out the door without standing in long lines or paying club card fees. Who are you rooting for on Sunday? I’m rooting for some good commercials. I’ve been a bit disappointed the last few years. But I know I’ll be chatting snacks before kickoff with Smart & Final on Twitter at 1PM PST. Join me to talk food, football, … and Beyonce!