These perfectly pink grilled shrimp are great for a summer dinner! They’re easy to marinate, quick to grill and, not to mention, super flavorful! With my grilled shrimp recipe, you can make a delicious summer lunch or dinner in 20-30 minutes.
Grilled Shrimp Recipe
If you’re in need of a quick meal, grilled shrimp is a fantastic option! In 30 minutes, you can have a summer dinner on the table! Plus, grilling shrimp is a great way to give the shrimp some delicious smoky flavor! They could also be a great snack for eating while poolside with a margarita or beer!
Shrimp is one of the fastest things you can cook on the grill! Depending on your heat, they can cook in about 5 minutes! Just be sure to remove them as soon as they turn pink because no one wants to eat overcooked rubbery shrimp!
The full, printable recipe is below, but here are the needed ingredients.
It may seem like a lot when glancing at the list, but most are spices or condiments that you likely already have in your pantry or refrigerator.
Grilled Shrimp Recipe Ingredients:
- large shrimp – fresh or frozen, thawed if frozen, peeled, and deveined
- olive oil
- lime juice – from 2 limes
- onion powder
- garlic – fresh cloves or frozen minced cubes
- red pepper flakes
- cayenne pepper
- salt – kosher or sea salt
Rinse and pat dry the shrimp. Gather all of the ingredients for the shrimp marinade and combine in a bowl. Allow the shrimp to marinate for 15-30 minutes.
Do not let them marinate for longer or the lime juice will start to break down the shrimp.
Don’t forget to soak your skewers! If you’re using bamboo skewers, be sure to soak them in water for an hour before using to avoid burning.
Preheat your grill to medium-high.
Assemble shrimp onto skewers for grilling.
Grill shrimp for 5 minutes on medium-high, flipping halfway through, until shrimp are pink on the outside, opaque on the inside.
Remove shrimp from grill and from skewers. If grilled with the tails, remove the tails.
Look at these perfectly pink grilled shrimp! Delicious! And, super simple and easy to make!
Here’s the full, printable recipe:
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 TB olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher or coarse sea salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 limes, juiced
- Rinse and pat dry the shrimp. Gather ingredients for the shrimp marinade and combine in a bowl. Allow the shrimp to marinate for 15-30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Assemble shrimp onto skewers for grilling.
- Grill shrimp for 5 minutes on medium-high, flipping halfway through, until shrimp are pink on the outside, opaque on the inside.
- Remove shrimp from grill and from skewers. If grilled with the tails, remove the tails.