This Inside Out Movie Night with Rainbow Kettle Corn Recipe has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
So I picked up the new Inside Out movie DVD at Target yesterday and the Mister and I had a little movie night with some themed popcorn! I made Rainbow Kettle Corn in honor of the Inside Out characters Joy, Sadness, Disgust, Anger, and Fear! We’re pretty big Pixar and Disney fans and we love watching the new Pixar and Disney movies when they come out on DVD. And I love making themed food, so this rainbow colored popcorn was perfect! Plus, there is nothing better than freshly popped popcorn for a home movie night! If you want to make some Rainbow Kettle Corn for your Inside Out Movie Night, I’ve got the recipe and how-to right here for you! You’re going to need a few ingredients, like some Market Pantry popcorn kernels, which you can pick up at Target when you purchase the movie!
- For each color of popcorn you need:
- ¼ cup unpopped popcorn kernels
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 4-5 drops of food coloring
- 1-2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Pinch of salt
- I make my popcorn in a stirring popcorn pan on the stove-top, so these instructions are for using that to make popcorn.
- First, mix all of your colors of sugar. Add 4-5 drops of food coloring to each ⅓ cup of sugar that you want to color.
- Add 1-2 Tbsp oil to the bottom of your pan along with 3 kernels of popcorn and set to medium heat.
- When all 3 kernels have popped, add your single color of colored sugar and ¼ cup of popcorn.
- Pop the popcorn, spinning the spinner so nothing burns, until all popcorn has popped, then remove from heat.
- Pour colored popcorn out onto a baking sheet or into a bowl and lightly sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
- Repeat the steps for each color of kettle corn you would like to make.
- Stir and break apart kettle corn using a butter knife.
Have you seen the movie? Who’s your favorite character? Mine is probably Disgust. I love her sarcasm and sassiness! Plus, I’m a pretty big picky eater and I don’t like broccoli either! If you haven’t seen the movie, you can purchase it at Target! The Inside Out DVDs and Blu-Rays purchased at Target include 20 minutes of exclusive bonus content and deleted scenes. The Mister loves his bonus content (he loves the behind the scenes/how they made it type content), so that’s always a must. What’s your favorite Disney movie? Let me know in the comments? I need a movie recommendation for this weekend!