I can’t believe I made these Melted Snowman Milkshakes TWO YEARS ago for Food Network and totally forgot to share them! I guess being pregnant and not being able to create new content makes me go back and finally share the photos and recipes of things I’ve already made! But seriously, how cute are these Melted Snowman Milkshakes? I flavored mine with “pina colada” ice cream (coconut ice cream and pineapple chunks blended together), because, get it? He went on vacation and melted! But you can totally make this easy on yourself and just use vanilla ice cream and make these with the kiddos! You only need a few simple, easy to find ingredients and about 10 minutes to make these fun, holiday milkshakes! Here’s the recipe for the pina colada version, but again, just use vanilla ice cream and omit the pineapple chunks if you want to keep it easy on yourself for the holidays!
- Chocolate frosting for decorating glasses
- 1½ cups mini chocolate chips, for decorating glasses and for serving
- 1¼ cups milk
- 4 cups (2 pints) coconut ice cream
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 6 pretzel rods
- 3 whole carrots, tops trimmed and scrubbed clean
- ½ cup sweetened flaked coconut
- Whipped cream, for serving
- Decorate the rims of your glasses with chocolate frosting and mini chocolate chips. Chill the glasses in the freezer while you make the milkshakes.
- Combine the milk, coconut ice cream, and pineapple chunks in a blender and mix on high. Pour the milkshakes into the prepared glasses, and garnish each with two pretzel rods (for arms) and 1 carrot (for a nose). Top with whipped cream, coconut shavings, and chocolate chips (eyes made out of coal).
And I’ll be sharing a few more holiday milkshakes in the next few days and will be sure to link to them here.