Do you live boldly? I’ve done a few bold things in my life like move to Australia by myself, I’ve gone sky diving, I’ve gone bungy jumping, and I’ve walked down a few sketchy streets, but I wouldn’t say that I’ve lived boldly on a daily basis until more recently. I’ve never been much a lipstick wearer, let alone red lipstick, but in the past couple of years, I’ve been rocking a bold lip! But those bold lip colors are super drying! And chapstick just doesn’t cut it, so I’ve been DIYing my own little Watermelon Kiwi Lip Sugar Scrub to prep my lips prior to applying my lipstick.
Do you love wearing colorful lipsticks but hate how drying they can be? Use a lip scrub when you’re getting ready to make your puckered pout perfect for a bright, bold color!
The recipe is below, but first, you’ll need a few ingredients. Don’t worry, you don’t actually need a watermelon unless you want to snack on it while you make the sugar scrub like I did! Instead, just use a few drop of watermelon flavoring which you can find online along with these tiny clear pots.
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp kiwi juice and seeds
- 3 drops watermelon flavoring
- beet juice - optional for color
- In a bowl, mix together your sugar, coconut oil, kiwi juice, and watermelon flavoring.
- If your watermelon flavoring isn't colored, you can add a few drops of beet juice to color the mixture pink.
- And be sure to include the kiwi seeds! They make it look like tiny watermelon seeds!
- Either store in tiny pots or store in a jar and keep refrigerated.
Photo Credit: Photos of me by Nina Tekwani Photo.