This post is sponsored by ALDI as part of Influencer Activation for Influence Central.
I have been super into brunch recipes lately, but brunch at my house is limited because our stove-top is down to only two burners. (I would get them fixed, but we’re going to renovate, so why bother?) Two burners = bacon and eggs. Or bacon and pancakes. Definitely not bacon, eggs, hash browns, sausage, AND pancakes. So I have to prep something in the oven. Usually I make my Parmesan Hash Brown Cups and Overnight French Toast, but I wanted to try something different to free up the stovetop for pancakes! So I decided to try these Twice Baked Breakfast Potatoes. There’s been talk on my neighborhood’s blog that an ALDI will be opening soon at one of two possible locations nearby and everyone’s excited (except for that one neighbor who complains about everything – yeah, you know who I’m talking about, I’m sure you have one, too – he was complaining about having to rent a shopping cart. Big deal.) So I decided to go and check out the ALDI in the next town over to see what everyone was talking about. And it was awesome! Here’s what I brought home to make brunch: First of all, yes, that is Mimosa in a bottle. And it’s genius! I had never seen it before at another store, so I picked up a bottle to give it a try because I thought it would be perfect for when you want to make mimosas at a picnic or outdoor concert.
Ready to make them? The recipe is below.
- 4 Nature's Delight Russet Potatoes
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Sea Salt
- 3-4 Tbsp Butter
- 2-3 Tbsp Milk
- 4 Kirkwood Never Any! Chicken Sausages, cooked and sliced
- 8 GoldHen Eggs
- 4 strips of Specially Selected Center Cut Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 Green Onions, Diced
- ½ cup Happy Farms Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Scrub wash and dry your potatoes, coat them with olive oil and sprinkle them with sea salt.
- Arrange potatoes on a baking sheet and bake for 1 hour.
- As the potatoes bake, cook your chicken sausage and bacon, and slice your cheddar cheese and green onions.
- When the potatoes are done baking, slice each potato in half and scoop out the middle.
- Prep the middle potato as mashed potatoes by adding butter and milk and mashing until creamy.
- Slice your cooked chicken sausages and add them to the mashed potatoes.
- Refill each potato with your mashed potatoes and sliced sausage, making sure to leave a shallow hole in the middle of each.
- Crack an egg onto the top of each potato.
- Sprinkle with pepper and green onions.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 375.
- Remove from oven, add a handful of shredded cheddar cheese to the sides of each potato.
- Bake for another 5-10 minutes or until the eggs have set.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with crispy bacon bits.
These Stuffed & Twice Baked Breakfast Potatoes are definitely going on my go-to brunch recipes list. They were easy to make, very filling, and most importantly, they free up my stove-top. These could also be made using sweet potatoes! With this potato recipe, I’m looking forward to hosting our next Sunday brunch with friends. We haven’t hosted one in awhile and it’s one of my favorite things to do. I think we just got way too busy with work and weekends became time to do chores and run errands, work on our new house, and just get out of town. But hopefully we can host another Sunday brunch soon. What about you? Do you often host brunch on the weekends for friends and family? What’s your go-to brunch recipe? Let me know in the comment section below.