I can’t believe it’s already October! It’s nearly Halloween and before you know it, it will be Thanksgiving. Time seems to fly so quickly, but luckily, you won’t need a lot of time to make these Veggie and Feta Stuffed Sweet Potatoes! These stuffed sweet potatoes are overflowing with mushrooms, spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, and feta cheese making them healthy and hearty! I feel like they don’t take a lot of time to make because while the sweet potatoes roast in the oven for awhile, cooking the mushrooms and spinach and assembling the potatoes is a super quick 10 minutes. And if you want to speed up the process, simply pop the sweet potatoes in the microwave for a bit before roasting them in the oven.
And they are perfect for fall season meals! They would be great as a side or even a side dish for Thanksgiving! But be sure to try the recipe out before then! You won’t want to wait a month and a half to try these!
- 5- 6 Sweet Potatoes
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced
- 2 cups spinach
- ½ cup feta
- ¾ cup plain yogurt
- ½ lemon
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- Wash your sweet potatoes, poke holes in them with a fork, and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 1-1.5 hours or until done.
- To roast the tomatoes, spread sliced tomatoes on a baking sheet, drizzle with EVOO and roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Keep an eye on them.
- When potatoes are done, sauté mushrooms in a skillet in EVOO on medium heat. I cooked them for 8 minutes, then drained the water and extra EVOO, and then added my roasted tomatoes and spinach and sautéed for another 2 minutes.
- Slice your sweet potatoes and push the ends together to open a pocket.
- Fill the potatoes with mushrooms, tomatoes, and spinach.
- Top with crumbled feta cheese.
- If you want to add a dressing, combine the plain yogurt with the juice of half a lemon to make a lemon crema and drizzle over the sweet potatoes.