Avocado toast is still the reigning toast trend of the moment, but this Strawberry Balsamic Ricotta Toast deserves a try! And this way, you can eat your dessert for breakfast!
It’s a delicious breakfast toast topped with a thick layer of Ricotta cheese, layered with sliced strawberries, a drizzling of Orange Balsamic Vinegar, and finished with a pinch of brown sugar.
Let’s talk about the bread itself for a moment. I choose a simple, sweet Texas Toast due to its thickness, but you can mix it up and put this strawberry balsamic ricotta toast onto any type of bread you have such as rye, challah, whole grain wheat, or maybe even cinnamon raisin!
And you can mix it up with the toppings, too! With loaded toasts, everything is simply a suggestion and can be added or subtracted. The possibilities are endless!
- 2 slices Texas Toast
- 1/3 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 4 large strawberries, sliced
- Orange balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp brown sugar
- Toast your Texas toast slices in the toaster to your desired level.
- Spread a thick layer of ricotta cheese on top.
- Top with sliced strawberries.
- Drizzle with orange balsamic vinegar.
- Add a pinch of brown sugar.