If you like chocolate-dipped fruit, then you will love these Chocolate-Dipped Coconut Pineapple Rings! The chocolate makes them decadent and the toasted coconut adds the perfect amount of crunch! Plus, dressing fruit up like dessert is a bit of a healthier way to indulge at the end of the day.
Chocolate-Dipped Coconut Pineapple Rings
I made these Chocolate-Dipped Coconut Pineapple Rings as toppers for my Pina Colada Milkshakes, but they’re also great on their own as a quick and delicious dessert or snack! You can also add a stick through them before you pop them in the freezer to make them into Chocolate-Dipped Coconut Pineapple Ring Pops! They’re the perfect tropical treat on a summer day!
You can use a fresh pineapple or canned pineapple rings, whatever is easier for you! I’ve got 3 kids and if you need to open a can of pineapple rings, I’m not gonna judge!
But, if you use a fresh pineapple, you’ll need a pineapple corer. If your pineapple corer doesn’t produce solid rings, just be sure to dip the “open” part of the ring into the chocolate to close it.
You only need a few ingredients:
- Chocolate chips or melting chocolate
- Coconut flakes
You can use either dark chocolate or milk chocolate! Don’t like coconut? Top with sliced or chopped almonds!
It’s also handy to have some parchment or wax paper on hand!
- 1 fresh pineapple or 1 can of pineapple rings
- 1 cup chocolate chips or melting chocolate
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes, toasted
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- If using fresh pineapple, core and slice it. If using canned pineapple, open the can and let the juice drain.
- Melt your chocolate according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Once melted, dip half of a pineapple ring into the chocolate, remove and set onto the parchment paper.
- Top immediately with toasted coconut.
- Repeat with each additional pineapple ring.
- Allow chocolate to harden, place in fridge or freezer to speed the process.