I love bruschetta! Who doesn’t? And I love bread! But to make this bruschetta recipe a bit healthier, I decided to ditch the bread and I’m making Grilled Eggplant Bruschetta. It’s a perfect appetizer for any party!This recipe was so easy to make! Just some chopping, some grilling, and some assembling. Done. Boom!The recipe makes about 16 eggplant rounds, but you can easily split it in half for a small dinner party or double it for a larger party. The recipe is below.
- 2 eggplants
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup capers
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- grated parmesan cheese garnish
- optional: green bell pepper and/or roasted garlic
- Prep your bruschetta by dicing your red onion and tomatoes and chopping your basil.
- Combine in a bowl with red wine vinegar, capers, salt and pepper.
- Slice your eggplants into 1/2" rounds.
- Grill the eggplant rounds on your BBQ.
- Once grilled, topped with the bruschetta, garnish with a pinch of parmesan cheese on each round.
- Serve and enjoy!