This DIY Gold Sequin Hanger has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
I thought it would be fun to share how to do a fun, quick DIY Gold Sequin Hanger which is perfect for when you want to show off a new or special outfit, if you lay out your next day’s clothes at night before you go to bed, or even a great budget-friendly DIY for bridesmaids or bridal dresses. Plus, I’m sharing how I care for my special outfits and how using all Radiant laundry detergent keeps my whites white and my colors bright.Ready to make your fancy sequin clothes hanger? You’re going to need a few items:
- First, I found my wooden clothes hangers at the thrift shop, but you might have some hanging in the back of your closet just waiting for a makeover. I also grabbed 12 yards of gold sequins, some tacky craft glue, gold spray paint, scissors, and some pink velvet ribbon.
- Next, I took my wooden clothes hanger, I taped the metal hook so it wouldn’t be painted, and I spray painted the wood gold (or whatever color your sequins) just in case I miss a spot and the clothes hanger shows through. I spray painted both sides.
- Once the hanger was dry, I took my glue and the sequins and started wrapping. I started at one side of the metal hook and tacked down the end of the sequins and then just kept gluing and wrapping in 2 inch segments until the end.
- Then I did the other side and then the bottom rung.
- Finally, I added a pink velvet bow as the finishing touch!
- Once the clothes hanger was fully dry, I used it to hang up the fancy flamingo shirt I got in anticipation of new headshots. I can’t wait to do new headshots and wear the flamingo shirt and hug my huge life-size flamingo.
And in order to keep my fancy new flamingo shirt’s pink color from fading, I’ll use all Radiant laundry detergent. It’s new at Target and I’ve been using it to restore my whites and to protect my colors. You can find it with the laundry detergent – just check the top shelf! And I think I’m ready for my new headshots! I have my flamingo shirt, pink necklace, pink shoes, and pink lipstick! I’ve shared how all Radiant keeps my favorite pink shirts bright, what is your favorite outfit that you want to protect from fading in the wash?