So I’ve been hoarding some Girl Scout Lemonades Cookies. My husband tried to break into the box of cookies a few weeks ago, but I yelled just in time. I don’t even know why he tried, he hates lemon-y things. I don’t think he even looked at the flavor, he just saw “Girls Scouts” and wanted a cookie. So, since I’m making lemon flavored ice cream with this Girl Scout Cookie “Lemonades” Ice Cream Recipe, I know I’ll have it all to myself! Yay! More for me!
Update: He likes it! I guess I’ll have to share!
Ready to get started? Here’s your ingredients:
I think it’s a fresh spring or summer ice cream!
- 2 Tbsp grated lemon zest
- 2/3 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- 1.5 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 package of Girl Scout Cookie Lemonades, chopped/quartered
- optional: 2 drops yellow food coloring
- In a medium saucepan, combine all of the ingredients except for the heavy whipping cream and the cookies.
- Let simmer, stirring constantly, for about 8-10 minutes until it forms a creamy, thin, custard.
- Remove from heat and refrigerate until cold.
- Following your ice cream maker's instructions, add the lemon mixture and the whipping cream to your ice cream maker.
- In the last 5 minutes of the ice cream maker's churning, add the cookie chunks.
- (If your ice cream maker is too small, pour ice cream into a bowl and fold in the cookie chunks.
- Transfer to a pan lined with parchment paper and freeze for 5-6 hours to make ice cream harder.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint, and serve. Enjoy!