This Peach and Mascarpone Toast is deliciously decadent! The thick bread is toasted and smothered with a slightly sweetened Mascarpone cheese, then topped with ripe, sliced peaches, a drizzle of honey, and a handful of chopped walnuts!
Peach and Mascarpone Toast Recipe
It’s perfect for a relaxing Sunday morning breakfast while reading the newspaper or a magazine with a cup of coffee! I don’t know what a relaxing Sunday morning looks like anymore because I have toddlers and a baby, so please make this delicious toast and let me live vicariously through you!
Let’s talk about bread. I choose a simple, sweet Texas Toast due to its thickness, but you can mix it up and use any type of bread you have such as challah, french brioche, whole grain wheat, or even cinnamon raisin.
And you can mix it up with the toppings, too! With loaded toasts, everything is simply a suggestion and can be added or subtracted. The possibilities are endless! Don’t like walnuts? Switch them out for almonds, pistachios, or a flavored granola! Don’t like honey? Maybe try some maple syrup! Don’t like mascarpone? Go for ricotta!
Peach and Mascarpone Toast
- 2 slices of thickly sliced toast (Texas toast, Challah, Cinnamon Raisin)
- 2/3 cup Mascarpone cheese
- 3 TB honey
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 ripe peach, sliced
- 2 TB walnuts, chopped
- 2 TB honey drizzled on top
- In a mixer or using a beater, combine the Mascarpone cheese with honey, vanilla extract, and cinnamon.
- Toast your bread to desired darkness.
- Spread sweetened Mascarpone cheese mixture generously onto each slice of toasted bread.
- Top each slice with 3-4 slices of fresh, ripe peach.
- Add 1 Tb of chopped walnuts to each slice.
- Drizzle honey on top.
Simply stir 1/3 cup of sifted powdered sugar into your Mascarpone cheese and mix to combine. I then topped it with sliced peaches, a drizzle of honey, and a handful of chopped walnuts.