Here in Los Angeles, we have several outdoor summer music and movie venues where you can BYO food and drinks. All of these places offer ready-to-eat food with either restaurants, food trucks, or prepared box dinners which are great when you’re running late and don’t have time to make something, but part of the fun of going to these venues is making the effort and packing a perfect summer picnic dinner to bring to the concert! I’m sharing the recipe for a delicious and refreshing Rosemary Limeade which is great for sharing amongst a few friends at a concert picnic along with Italian Sub Sandwiches and homemade parmesan potato chips!
Going to an outdoor music concert is one of our favorite things to do during the summer in Los Angeles! But it does get HOT and it’s often a long walk from the car to your seats at most of these venues (sometimes even uphill)! So bringing along a refreshing beverage is a must and it doesn’t get much better than this Rosemary Limeade! It does take a bit of effort since you have to juice several limes, but along with the help of a lime squeezer, I promise it is worth it!
You only need a few ingredients:And you can find the recipe for this Italian Sub Sandwich here. I paired it with homemade parmesan potato chips and it packs well into a cooler and makes for a lovely picnic lunch or dinner!
What is your favorite summer picnic food? Do you have a perfect potato or pasta salad? A family recipe for a tart lemonade? Let me know in a comment below!
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 6 sprigs rosemary
- 1 cup lime juice (7-12 limes depending on size)
- 5 cups water
- extra rosemary sprigs for garnish
- extra lime wedges or rounds for garnish
- Create a rosemary simple syrup by combining the granulated sugar with the water along with six sprigs of rosemary over medium low heat on your stovetop. Heat until the sugar is fully dissolved, about 12-15 minutes. Remove from heat and strain, remove rosemary.
- While the simple syrup heats, juice your limes to make 1 cup of lime juice.
- Combine rosemary simple syrup, lime juice, and 5 cups of water in a pitcher and stir.
- Serve over ice with a lime wedge or lime circles and a sprig of rosemary as garnish.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 7 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 152 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 3mg Carbohydrates: 40g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 36g Protein: 0g