Summer is coming! And you’re going to want this recipe! This Sparkling Watermelon Lychee Cocktail cannot be any easier to make. It’s really pretty with the sliced watermelon garnish, and it’s refreshing on a hot summer’s day!
The cocktail is super easy to make because it’s made with a little bit of lychee juice, half a can of spiked watermelon seltzer, and garnished with a thin slice of watermelon, a couple of lychees, and a sprig of mint! The hardest thing about this cocktail is slicing the watermelon thin enough to bend it into the glass, but I’ve got some tips for you below!
I made my cocktails using Smirnoff Spiked Sparkling Seltzer in the Watermelon flavor, but you could also get the same results using vodka and a non-alcoholic watermelon seltzer. I’ve linked to a few different brands offering a watermelon flavor in the recipe below.
This cocktail would be great for a summer bachelorette weekend by the pool. The next time we go to Palm Springs, I am making this drink!
Ready for the recipe? You’ll need a few ingredients including lychee fruit, lychee juice, a small watermelon, mint, and Smirnoff Spiked Sparkling Seltzer in the Watermelon flavor. You’ll also need some bamboo cocktail sticks.
In order to get that really thin slice of watermelon, be prepared to cut a few practice slices. It needs to be thinner than you think. Mine are also only half slices and it took me half the mini watermelon until I was getting them thin enough, but once I “got” the width they needed to be, I was able to cut the other two perfectly.
- 2 cans Smirnoff Spiked Sparkling Seltzer in the Watermelon flavor
- 3/4 cup lychee juice
- 6-9 lychee
- 1 mini watermelon, 3 thin half slices
- 3 sprigs mint
- Slice three thin half slices of watermelon. They should be thin enough to be able to bend the watermelon slice without snapping it. Add the thin slices to glasses, twisting the watermelon slice into the glass.
- Pout 1/4 cup of lychee juice into each glass.
- Prep your lychee skewers with 2-3 lychees on each skewer - enough to fit across the width of the glass.
- Pour 2/3 of a can of Smirnoff Spiked Sparkling Seltzer in the Watermelon flavor into each glass, or until full.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on an affiliate link and make a purchase, I receive a small commission at NO additional cost to you. It just means I made it easier for you to find something, so I earn a few a few cents from the sale. I appreciate your support of Salty Canary. Thank you!