Summer is coming! And you’re going to want to make this recipe! This Sparkling Watermelon Lychee Cocktail cannot be any easier to make and it’s refreshing on a hot summer’s day. Plus, it’s just a really pretty cocktail with the sliced watermelon garnish!
This cocktail would be great for a summer bachelorette weekend by the pool. The next time we go to Palm Springs, I am making this drink!
I made my Sparkling Watermelon Lychee Cocktail using a hard watermelon seltzer, but I have a couple of different ways you could make this drink.
Sparkling Watermelon Lychee Cocktail
My hard watermelon seltzer version is made with a dash of lychee juice and half a can of spiked watermelon seltzer. It’s then garnished with a thin slice of watermelon, a couple of lychees, and a sprig of mint! The hardest thing about this cocktail is slicing the watermelon thin enough to bend it into the glass, but don’t worry, I’ve got some tips for you below!
I made my cocktails using Smirnoff Spiked Sparkling Seltzer in the Watermelon flavor, but you could also get the same results a few other ways:
- Using other hard watermelon seltzers such as White Claw or High Noon
- Combining lychee juice with a watermelon-flavored vodka and unflavored seltzer
- Combining lychee juice with unflavored vodka and a non-alcoholic watermelon seltzer such as Waterloo or Perrier.
The full printable recipe is below, but let’s talk about ingredients. You’ll need the following ingredients:
You’ll also need some bamboo cocktail sticks.
In order to get that really thin slice of watermelon, be prepared to cut a few practice slices. It needs to be thinner than you think. It took me cutting up half the mini watermelon until I was getting them thin enough, but once I “got” the width they needed to be, I was able to cut the other two perfectly.
- 2 cans Smirnoff Spiked Sparkling Seltzer in the Watermelon flavor
- 3/4 cup lychee juice
- 6-9 lychee
- 1 mini watermelon, 3 thin half slices
- 3 sprigs mint
- Slice three thin half slices of watermelon. They should be thin enough to be able to bend the watermelon slice without snapping it. Add the thin slices to glasses, twisting the watermelon slice into the glass.
- Pout 1/4 cup of lychee juice into each glass.
- Prep your lychee skewers with 2-3 lychees on each skewer - enough to fit across the width of the glass.
- Pour 2/3 of a can of Smirnoff Spiked Sparkling Seltzer in the Watermelon flavor into each glass, or until full.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on an affiliate link and make a purchase, I receive a small commission at NO additional cost to you. It just means I made it easier for you to find something, so I earn a few a few cents from the sale. I appreciate your support of Salty Canary. Thank you!