This Quick Summer Backyard Party has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
It’s getting warmer, and that means that backyard party season can begin! I’m kicking it off with this simple and quick backyard party – something you can pull together in just a couple of hours. So let’s quit the chit-chat and get to it! My quick and easy party includes a TRISCUIT appetizer, a pitcher of fresh, homemade Blackberry Limeade, and grilled ranch marinated chicken and veggies. But the first thing you need to do is hit the store. Go! Grab some cantaloupe, prosciutto, mozzarella cheese, TRISCUIT crackers, blackberries, limes, chicken, chicken broth, a ranch mix, some veggies and some fresh flowers for decor. Oh! And maybe some strawberry shortcake for dessert! Let’s start with the appetizers, because well, those will be eaten first! I made some Cantaproscimozzcuits. Some what? Cantaproscimozzcuits. That’s grilled cantaloupe with prosciutto and mozzarella cheese on a TRISCUIT. Cantaproscimozzcuits. So let’s fire up the grill! Here’s what you’ll need to make these delicious apps:
- ½ Cantaloupe
- 6-8 slices of Prosciutto, sliced in half width-wise.
- Mozzarella cheese - thinly sliced
- 1 box of Cracked Pepper and Olive Oil TRISCUIT Crackers
- Chives, diced
- Preheat your grill to around 300-350 degrees F.
- Slice your cantaloupe into medium thin slices for grilling.
- Grill both sides of the cantaloupe slices.
- When done, slice the cantaloupe fruit off the rind and slice into chunks.
- Set a hunk of mozzarella cheese on your TRISCUIT, then top it with either the cantaloupe wrapped in a half slice of prosciutto or place the prosciutto on top of the mozzarella cheese and then top it with the cantaloupe.
- Sprinkle the top with diced chives.
Boom! TRISCUIT Crackers can be topped with savory or sweet ingredients, making them the perfect choice for a snack, appetizer or even a meal! Now no one will get hangry while waiting for dinner. And by no one, I mean my husband. Alright, next, let’s move along to the fresh Blackberry Limeade. You can find the recipe here. It’s a lot of juicing, so be sure to get out your lime juicer to save time – remember, we’re throwing a quick party! Ok, now that we’re all set on apps and a refreshing drink, let’s prep the main course. My go-to grilling recipe is ranch chicken broth marinated chicken breasts with grilled veggies. My husband swears it’s one of the best things I’ve ever made and since it’s just chicken and veggies marinated in chicken broth and herbs, I’m not really sure what that says about my cooking skills. But if you want to, you find the recipe here. And that’s it! Light the string lights, set the table, and start the music because you’re having a party! Oh, and don’t forget that strawberry shortcake for dessert! This party can be thrown together in just about 2-3 hours including the trip to the grocery store. I got everything, including my TRISCUIT Crackers, at my local Kroger banner store, Ralphs and be sure to check out TRISCUIT on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Youtube.