It’s National Root Beer Float Day! So of course I’m doing my own version of a root beer float in popsicle form!I love a root beer float. I’m not the biggest fan of other soda floats, because really, you can’t beat a root beer float. They are so creamy and delicious! Plus they are cool and refreshing and perfect for summer. But it’s so hot, so I decided to up the refreshing factor and make them into popsicles!The recipe is below, although it isn’t much of a recipe. I mean, a root beer float is just root beer and ice cream. And it’s the same in popsicle form. But the recipe has some instructions which will make it easier for you to make the popsicles.
- 3 cups root beer
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- popsicle sticks
- popsicle mold
- Soak your popsicles sticks in boiling water for 30 minutes. This keeps them from floating in your popsicle mold.
- Fill the popsicle molds half way with root beer.
- Add vanilla ice cream to each popsicle mold.
- Use a butter knife to push the ice cream down into the mold. Add more ice cream if needed.
- Top it off with more root beer.
- Put on the lid and insert the popsicle sticks.
- Freeze overnight.
Super simple, right? I hope you go and get a root beer float today in whatever form you want and enjoy!