(Sponsored Post)Popcorn is such a great snack! It’s perfect for a cozy movie night when the weather starts getting cooler, or for Halloween night when you keep having to get up to answer the door and pass out candy. And did you know that October is National Popcorn Poppin’ Month? In my house, every month is popcorn poppin’ month! It’s such a healthy, inexpensive snack! Sometimes I eat it for dinner when I have nothing else to eat and I refuse to go grocery shopping. I typically just season it with some salt, but in honor of Popcorn Poppin’ Month, I’ve got 3 seasoning recipes for you! Today I’m sharing a S’mores Popcorn topping.But first of all, I have to let you in on a little secret. The absolute best popcorn for popping is the Kroger brand white popcorn kernels. You thought I was going to say a major brand name, right? Nope! It’s the regular ol’ store brand from your local Ralphs. It pops up so well! Other brands pop small, but Kroger brand popcorn pops big and full. Trust me on this one!I pop my popcorn on the stovetop. I can’t stand the smell of chemical popped bag microwave popcorn and I don’t have an air popper, plus I like how it tastes on the stovetop, so that’s how I make it! I use a Whirley-Pop because the little spinner thing makes it easy to turn the popcorn so it doesn’t burn, but you can use a large pot as long as you shake it constantly. Here’s how to make it: heat 1 tablespoon (or enough to coat the bottom) of oil in a pot. I use vegetable oil, but you can use canola oil, grape seed oil, etc. Add 3 kernels of popcorn. When they pop, add the 1/2 cup of kernels and cover. Once they start popping, spin the Whirley-Pop or shake the pan to make sure popcorn doesn’t burn. When the popping slows down, remove from the heat and transfer the popcorn to bowl.Check out the instructions below for how to make an amazing S’mores Popcorn topping!
- ½ cup unpopped popcorn (yields about 12 cups popped popcorn)
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- ½ cup mini marshmallows
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 4 T butter
- ⅛ cup of corn syrup
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- 1 package or 1 cup of crumbled graham crackers
- (optional: can use graham cracker crust, or golden grahams cereal)
- Pop popcorn on the stovetop.
- Spread parchment paper on 2 cookie sheets.
- Spread popcorn, graham cracker crumbles, ½ cup mini marshmallows, and ½ cup chocolate chips on 2 cookie sheets.
- Heat 2 cups marshmallows, 1 cup chocolate chips, 4 T butter, ⅛ cup corn syrup in saucepan on stove.
- Stir until everything is melted. (I had to really stir to get the marshmallows blended).
- Add vanilla. Stir.
- Drizzle over popcorn mix on cookie sheets.
- Lightly salt.
- Allow to cool, gently break apart, and enjoy!
Did you miss my Garlic Parmesan Popcorn Seasoning recipe? It tastes just like an Italian breadstick!
And stay tuned for one more popcorn seasoning recipe!
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post. Ralphs provided the ingredients for the recipes, but the ideas and opinions here are all 100% my own. (Seriously, Ralphs Kroger brand popcorn is the best.)