I know I share a lot of splurge-y treats and breakfasts here on the blog, but I’m really not eating those things every single day and I’ve actually lost almost 20 pounds in less than a year by following a strict food plan and exercising 4-5 times a week, so I thought I would share a bit of a healthier dessert than my usual and I made these delicious Raspberry & Tangerine Striped Popsicles!And these popsicles are perfect for summer! My husband is also on the same strict food plan and on the hot summer days he complains of cravings for cool drinks, ice cream, etc., so these popsicles are the perfect way to beat those hot summer day cravings! They’re great for taking along to eat while on a walk around the (1 mile) block or for cooling off after a day outside exploring the city! Want to make them? You’ll need a few ingredients. The full recipe tutorial is below.
- tangerines, mandarins, or clementines
- heavy cream
I love the stripes, but you can also just do all raspberry or all tangerine (and cream) popsicles. Simply adjust the recipe accordingly.
Raspberry & Tangerine Popsicles Recipe
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups raspberries, rinsed
- 1 lemon
- 2 tangerines, mandarins, or clementines, peeled
- 2 Tb heavy cream
- 2 Tb granulated sugar
- Combine your 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup water in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over low heat to make a simple syrup. Once sugar is completely dissolved, remove from heat and allow to slightly cool.
- Combine your raspberries, 1 Tb lemon juice, and half of your simple syrup in a blender and mix to a puree.
- Pour the raspberry mixture into a container with a pouring spout and set aside.
- Next, stir your 2 Tb granulated sugar into your heavy cream, then combine the sweetened heavy cream with the 2 tangerines, the other half of the simple syrup, and 1 Tb lemon juice into your blender and mix to a puree.
- To create the striped popsicles, freeze alternate layers of your raspberry and tangerine mixtures in your popsicle mold. Freeze each layer for about an hour, alternating flavors, until you reach the top. Leave about 1/4" space at the top in case the popsicle expands. Insert your popsicle stick once 2 layers have been poured in. The popsicles will take 4-8 hours to fully freeze.
- To remove the popsicles, immerse the popsicle mold in hot water for 10-15 seconds and then pull them straight out.
- Enjoy the popsicles right away or store in an airtight freezer bag for up to 1 week.
Thursday 30th of June 2016
Those popsicles look like a refreshing treat after a hike around town! And what a great idea to add Emergen-C to the mix! (client)