Disclaimer: I partnered with Minted who supplied the Valentine’s Day cards for this UP Inspired Valentine’s Day Cards post. This post includes affiliate links which means I will make a small commission if you make a purchase. This does not cost you anything, but allows me to keep bringing you great content. Thank you for supporting the brands that support Salty Canary.
If you don’t remember, I proclaimed last year that I’m never sending out Christmas cards again because I simply NEVER get them out in time. If I’m going to do Christmas cards, I need to start them around July, and even then it isn’t guaranteed! So last year I started the tradition of sending Valentine’s Day cards to family and friends. Did you see last years cards? We did a super cute Julia Child inspired card because Julia always sent Valentine’s Day cards … probably for my same reasons! And this year I went with UP inspired cards. Why? Because we bought a house! And the cards turned out adorable! I was able to include a large photo on the front, a small photo on the back, and a message to our friends and family. Check out the gorgeous gold foil! Plus, Minted is offering to do FREE addressing on the envelopes! Say what? Yeah! That saved me hours of time, plus they look so pretty (unlike my handwriting)! And I went with the super cute wrap around return address labels that matched the XOXO style of our cards. AND, now through January 30th, Minted is offering 15% off Valentine’s Day Cards orders of $150+ and 10% with no minimum. Just use coupon code HEART16 at checkout.
And be sure to check out Minted’s shipping deadlines to be sure to order the cards on time for delivery. Currently, you can order them by January 31 for February 10th regular delivery.
While we didn’t wear our UP inpired grape soda pins for the photos (I forgot them), I am sharing these adorable UP inspired grape soda cap cuff links with a quick DIY in case you would like to make your own UP inspired Valentine’s Day cards and gift. You’ll need a couple of supplies:
- 2 Grape soda bottle caps (search eBay for vintage caps)
- 2 10 mm cuff link blanks (Etsy)
- Epoxy (craft or hardware store)
- Popsicle sticks
- Start by cutting out some cork to epoxy to the inside of the bottle cap. This will allow the cuff link finding to adhere to the bottle cap since otherwise it is so slippery and the cuff link simply snaps off.
- Use the epoxy to glue the cork inside the cap following the manufacturer's instructions.
- I use foil and a popsicle stick to mix the epoxy if I've already used up the plastic that comes with the epoxy.
- Next, dab a bit of epoxy onto the top of the cuff link blank and press it sticky side down into the cork in the bottle cap.
- Holding the cuff link finding, check to make sure it is placed horizontally across the bottle cap and is straight so when the cuff link is inserted, it will sit right side up in the cuff.
- Allow to dry.
- Gift and enjoy!
Don’t forget! Now through January 30th, shop Valentine’s Day Cards and enjoy 15% off orders of $150+ and 10% off with no minimum. Code: HEART16
Wouldn’t these also be perfect for a moving announcement! Just saying!