My Oreo Cookie Milkshake Recipe is made with a homemade Oreo cream filling to take it over-the-top and make it super indulgent and extra creamy! With swirls of chocolate, whipped cream, and whole Oreo cookies on top, this will be your new favorite dessert!
Oreo Cookie Milkshake Recipe
It’s a vanilla ice cream based milkshake made with bits of Oreo Cookie and homemade Oreo cream filling! Yeah, the good stuff in the middle! Then it’s topped with even MORE homemade Oreo cream filling, more Oreo cookie bits, whipped cream, and more Oreo cookies!
How do you eat an Oreo cookie? Are you a dunk-it-in-milk eater? Break it in half and lick off the cream filling? Break it in half, eat the side without the cream filling before eating the good side? Or do you just bite it? Or perhaps one bite?
Ready to make your own milkshakes? Here’s the recipe for the milkshake which also includes the recipe for making homemade Oreo cream filling:
- 1.25 cups of milk
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup Oreo bits
- homemade cream filling (see below)
- whipped cream (see below)
- chocolate syrup
- Oreo cookies for garnish
- Whipped Cream:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Cream Filling:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp hot water
- First, make your whipped cream by combining the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract and using your whisk attachment in a stand mixture with a bowl that's been in the freezer for 10 minutes, whisk on medium-high for several minutes until peaks stand upright. Add it to a pastry bag outfitted with a fancy tip if you'd like.
- Next, make your homemade cream filling by adding all the cream filling ingredients together in your mixer and mix with the paddle attachment until incorporated. Then garnish your glasses with the cream filling mix and pieces of broken Oreos. Put aside any leftover cream filling to add to the milkshake.
- Then mix together the milk, vanilla ice cream, Oreo cookie bits, and remaining cream filling in your blender.
- Add some chocolate syrup to each glass, then fill the glasses with your milkshake.
- Top with whipped cream, add one straw and two cookies.
- This could also make 6 half glasses. Perfect as a little party dessert.
Want more cookie milkshakes? Check out some of my other milkshake recipes here:
Sharing is caring!