This DIY Watermelon Kiwi Lip Sugar Scrub has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
Do you live boldly? I’ve done a few bold things in my life like move to Australia by myself, I’ve gone sky diving, I’ve gone bungy jumping, and I’ve walked down a few sketchy streets, but I wouldn’t say that I’ve lived boldly on a daily basis until more recently. I’ve never been much a lipstick wearer, let alone red lipstick, but in the past couple of years, I’ve been rocking a bold lip! Red? Yes! Bright pink? Yes! Orange? Yup! Purple? Sure, why not?
The recipe is below, but first, you’ll need a few ingredients. Don’t worry, you don’t actually need a watermelon unless you want to snack on it while you make the sugar scrub like I did! Instead, just use a few drop of watermelon flavoring which you can find online along with these tiny clear pots.
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp kiwi juice and seeds
- 3 drops watermelon flavoring
- beet juice - optional for color
- In a bowl, mix together your sugar, coconut oil, kiwi juice, and watermelon flavoring.
- If your watermelon flavoring isn't colored, you can add a few drops of beet juice to color the mixture pink.
- And be sure to include the kiwi seeds! They make it look like tiny watermelon seeds!
- Either store in tiny pots or store in a jar and keep refrigerated.
(Photos of me by Nina Tekwani Photo.)