This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
If you follow along on the blog then you know that my husband and I LOVE to host brunch and I just discovered an amazing new cocktail for our brunches on Sundays: a Watermelon Habanero Bloody Mary! Perfect for summer and perfectly refreshing with the pureed watermelon juice but packing a lot of flavor with the hot sauce! Plus, they are perfect for a Sunday morning after a long Saturday night of Korean BBQ and Karaoke singing. Not that I would know first hand or anything … . If you host your own brunch party, you can simply whip up a pitcher and put together a few glasses topped with watermelon and skewers piled high with garnishes! Better yet, host your brunch outside with some grilled breakfast sausages and grill the watermelon, too! Since this is our last summer in our big backyard before we move to our new house later this year, we will definitely be throwing some brunch parties on Sunday mornings out on the patio and serving these Watermelon Habanero Bloody Marys! I made these Watermelon Habanero Bloody Marys using El Yucateco® Red Habanero Sauce. Made with fresh red habanero peppers, tomato, and select spices and seasonings, El Yucateco® red habanero sauce is the perfect “all purpose” sauce because it packs more kick than the average hot sauce with less vinegar, so you get the true flavor of the pepper. Here’s the recipe:
- 12 cups watermelon chunks, pureed and strained
- 1¼ cups tomato juice
- 2 Tbsp El Yucateco® Red Habanero Sauce
- 2 tsp Worcester sauce
- 2 tsp coarse salt
- 1 cup vodka
- garnish with celery stalk, grilled watermelon wedges, peppers, and limes
- Optional: you can grill the watermelon before pureeing to add some more flavor.
- After pureeing and straining your watermelon chunks, combine the juice with the tomato juice, El Yucateco® Red Habanero Sauce, Worcester sauce, vodka, and salt.
- Add celery stalks to your glasess and stick some peppers and a lime wedge on bamboo skewer sticks as a garnish. Add slices of grilled watermelon to more skewer as a garnish and stick wedges of watermelon on the rims of the glasses.
- Pour your bloody mary into the glasses over ice and serve!
I picked up my El Yucateco® hot sauces while on my latest Target run – they are right there on the top shelf! I grabbed the El Yucateco® Green and Red Habanero Sauces and El Yucateco® XXX Habanero Hot Sauce (Kutbilik) for my adventurous friends which is their hottest sauce measuring approx. 12,000 on the Scoville scale! This sauce adds a tremendous amount of true habanero flavor to anything it is mixed with. This is a hearty full flavor sauce so when pairing, make sure to partner this sauce with something equal in flavor to maintain the balance. You can mix this sauce with raspberry or cherry preserves for a sweet & spicy spread, or pour it on over steaks and ribs when grilling.What’s your favorite Bloody Mary garnish? Let me know in the comments! I’ll be making more bloody marys soon with some over-the-top garnishes!