If you love Cadbury Mini Eggs as much as I do, you might be both extremely excited and totally disappointed to learn that they make a Christmas version, minus the catchy name. They actually have no name at all. I’m going to call them Cadbury Christmas Balls! They taste exactly the same, they are wildly addictive, and I can’t stop eating them. And I decided to bake them into Cadbury Christmas Balls Chocolate Chip Cookies.
So just like at Easter, I baked them into Chocolate Chip cookies. But the recipe is a little bit different and makes for a better cookie. I used my mom’s recipe for these cookies. Just follow the below recipe, leave some cookies out for Santa, and I’ll bet you’ll get everything on your wish list!
Oh! And if you want them to look pretty with the red and green on the top, follow the recipe, but also chop up some extra Christmas Balls and place them on top of the cookie dough, color side up, before you put the pan into the oven.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1.5 cups shortening
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped/broken Cadbury Christmas Balls
- 1/4 cup chopped/broken Cadbury Christmas Balls (to top cookies)
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl
- Beat shortening, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract in a mixer until creamy.
- Add one egg at a time to the mixture, mixing thoroughly after each egg.
- Slowly mix in flour mixture, mix until combine.
- Stir in chocolate chips and Cadbury Christmas Balls.
- Drop rounded tablespoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes.
- Transfer to cooling rack.