These Loaded Baked Potato Chips are so good and so easy to make! They’re potato slices topped with cheese, bacon, sour cream, and chives! They’re the perfect appetizer for game days, get-togethers, or small parties!
Loaded Baked Potato Chips Recipe
These Loaded Backed Potato Chips are the perfect appetizer or snack for game days when you want to serve potato chips, but you’re afraid everyone is going to fill up on chips and spoil the main dish.
Ok, I mean me. When I’m afraid I’m going to fill up on chips and spoil the main meal! I am addicted to potato chips! If I put out a bowl of potato chips, I’ll eat ’em! But with these homemade baked potato chips, they take a little bit of time to make and they’re a bit thicker than a regular potato chip … so I only eat a few of them and save them for my guests even though they are SO SO GOOD!
Here’s why you won’t fill up on them – you can only make so many. You can only make as many that will fit on your baking sheet(s). So I was able to make a couple dozen which is perfect for a small party for everyone to have a few bites each.
These are perfect for a Super Bowl party, March Madness, Stanley Cup playoffs, etc. These would make excellent snacks for regular game days or even a small get-together!
The full, printable recipe is below, but here is the list of needed ingredients:
- Olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper
- Cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- 4-5 potatoes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4-5 strips bacon, cooked crispy and crumbled
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chives, diced
- Preheat your oven to 425 F
- Scrub potatoes clean
- Slice a few potatoes in ¼” rounds. Lay the rounds flat on a a parchment paper covered baking sheet. Brush both sides with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and bake for 15 minutes.
- Flip the potato chips, sprinkle with salt and pepper, then bake for another 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cover with shredded cheddar cheese and crispy bacon crumbles.
- Bake for 6 minutes and remove to cool for 8-10 minutes.
- Once cooled, top with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of chives.
Looking for more appetizer inspiration, check out some of my other recipes that are perfect for parties: