These Homemade Loaded Baked Potato Chips are so easy to make and so good! They’re a perfect appetizer or snack for game days when you want to serve potato chips, but you’re afraid everyone is going to fill up on chips and spoil the main dish. Ok, I mean me. I’m addicted to potato chips! If I put out a bowl of potato chips, I’ll eat ’em! But with these homemade baked potato chips, they take some time to make and they’re a bit thicker than a regular potato chip … so I only eat a few of them, even though they are SO SO GOOD!
I know the Super Bowl is over, but you have March Madness coming up and then the Stanley Cup. These would make excellent snacks for either games. Or even just because!
Here’s why you won’t fill up on them – you can only make so many. You can only make as many that will fit on your baking sheets. So I was able to make a couple dozen which is perfect for a small party for everyone to have a few bites each.
- 4-5 potatoes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4-5 strips bacon, cooked crispy and crumbled
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chives, diced
- Preheat your oven to 425 F
- Scrub potatoes clean
- Slice a few potatoes in ¼” rounds. Lay the rounds flat on a a parchment paper covered baking sheet. Brush both sides with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and bake for 15 minutes.
- Flip the potato chips, sprinkle with salt and pepper, then bake for another 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cover with shredded cheddar cheese and crispy bacon crumbles.
- Bake for 6 minutes and remove to cool for 8-10 minutes.
- Once cooled, top with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of chives.