These BLT Appetizer Bites on RITZ Crackers have been sponsored by RITZ. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
These BLT Appetizer Bites on RITZ Crackers are delicious and easy to make using crispy bacon, crunchy lettuce, and sun-dried tomato spread on a RITZ cracker. Perfect as a quick appetizer for a party, hosting friends and family, or a quick snack for yourself!
BLT Appetizer Bites on RITZ Crackers
Everyone has been wanting to meet the twin babies, so we’ve been hosting friends and family over to the house individually or in small groups which are easier and less stressful on me than a large party or taking the babies out and about. And while I know that guests don’t expect any snacks, I can’t have nothing to offer, so I made these yummy BLT Bites using RITZ Crackers, sundried tomatoes, romaine lettuce, and crispy bacon!
I mean, I get it … people are supposed to be bringing us the food! We’re the ones who don’t have time to prepare meals, take showers, or even sleep. But the hostess in me just has to have food for guests – plus, if the guests don’t have any, then it just means more for me and since these are quick little bites that can be eaten with one hand, I can totally eat them while feeding the babes. I am all about the one-handed foods these days!
These little snacks or appetizer bites are so easy to make. The hardest part is cooking the bacon and I can do that in the oven or microwave while doing something else, so it’s really not hard at all! And look at that yummy, crispy bacon!
You can use a slice of tomato on your BLT Bites, but I wanted to make mine a little fancier, so I used some sun-dried tomato spread instead of a slice of fresh tomato. I simply made a sun-dried tomato paste by blending a jar of sun-dried tomatoes with a can of tomato paste.
You can leave the BLT Bites as open-face little sandwiches or you can top them with an additional RITZ Cracker. (A serving size is 5 RITZ Crackers, so you can mix it up!)
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 box RITZ Crackers
- 2 packs of bacon
- 1 bag of romaine lettuce
- 3 Tbsp ranch dressing (or dressing of choice)
- 1 12 oz jar sundried tomatoes
- 1 small can tomato paste
- Start by cooking your bacon in the oven. Lay strips of bacon over slightly crinkled aluminum foil for 15 minutes at 400 F. Flip bacon halfway through. Cook longer if you prefer bacon crispier. When finished, break bacon strips into 3-4 pieces to top the crackers.
- Next, dress your lettuce by adding dressing to lettuce in a bowl and mixing.
- Then add small spoonfuls of sundried tomato paste to RITZ Crackers, top with pieces of the dressed lettuce, and then top with a piece of crispy bacon.
- If you want a "closed" sandwich, top with an additional RITZ Cracker.
What is your favorite topping for a RITZ Cracker? Leave a comment below and let me know!