S’mores for breakfast? Yes, please! I know avocado toast is (still) all the rage, but this Nutella S’mores Toast should be right up there with it! It’s a thick bread, toasted, spread with a generous spoonful of Nutella before being topped with crunchy, crushed graham crackers, and toasted marshmallows!
Nutella S’mores Toast
You have to splurge and eat this Nutella S’mores Toast on a Sunday morning! It goes great with a hot cup of coffee (or cold brew!) and a newspaper or a magazine.
Let’s talk about the bread itself for a moment. I choose a simple, sweet Texas Toast due to its thickness, but you can mix it up and put dessert toast onto any type of bread you have such as challah, sourdough, whole grain wheat, or cinnamon raisin. And you can mix it up with the toppings, too! With loaded toasts, everything is simply a suggestion and can be added or subtracted. The possibilities are endless!
For example, if you don’t like Nutella, use chocolate frosting instead!
I used my kitchen torch to brown the marshmallows, but if you don’t have one, you can easily pop the toast into your oven broiler for 10-15 seconds. Just be sure to keep your eye on it so the marshmallows don’t burn!
- 2 slices bread of choice
- 3 Tb Nutella
- 1 graham cracker, crushed
- 40 mini marshmallows
- Toast your bread to your desired darkness.
- Spread the tops of the toast with a generous spoonful of Nutella.
- Top with a sprinkling of crushed graham crackers.
- Top with 20 or so mini marshmallows.
- Use a kitchen torch to toast the marshmallows or use your oven's broiler. Be sure to keep an eye on it if using broiler so the marshmallows don't burn. They toast quickly!