This Samoa Girl Scout Cookie Milkshake Recipe is made using delicious Samoa Girl Scout Cookies! With caramel, chocolate and some toasted coconut, it’s the perfect way to enjoy some milk and cookies!
Samoa Cookie Milkshake Recipe
It’s Girl Scout Cookie season! If a Girl Scout comes to your door or won’t let you leave the grocery store without buying a box of cookies, be sure to pick up an extra box or two to make some delicious desserts. I mean, they’re delicious right out of the box, but they’re also great to use as an ingredient for a next level dessert!
I think milkshakes are one of the best desserts! They’re so simple – basically just milk and ice cream – and easy to make. You really can’t mess up a milkshake. Too thick? Add milk. Too thin? Add more ice cream.
But then it’s fun add other ingredients to the blender to play around with flavors! With these Samoa Cookie Milkshakes, I’ve added caramel, chocolate, and toasted coconut as well as Samoa Girl Scout Cookies to make the milkshake taste like a Girl Scout Cookie!
The full, printable recipe is below, but here’s the needed ingredients:
- Vanilla ice cream
- Samoa Girl Scout Cookies
- Caramel sauce
- Chocolate sauce
- Chocolate frosting
- Shredded coconut, toasted
- Whipped cream*
*I like to make my own homemade whipped cream when making over-the-top milkshakes, but store-bought is also fine!
For me, homemade whipped cream is just stiffer and holds up better when making multiple milkshakes with added toppings. If you’re making homemade whipped cream, you’ll also need:
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Granulated Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
Recommended Kitchen Equipment:
- Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer or Hand Mixer
- Disposable Pastry Bags or Reusable Silicone Pastry Bags
- Star 1M Size Pastry Bag Tip
- Highball Glasses
I use my Ninja blender for all my milkshakes! I can’t say enough good things about this blender! It’s not super cheap and won’t fall apart like some $20-30 brands (like Hamilton Beach), but it also doesn’t cost an arm and a leg like a Vitamix.
Need to toasted your own shredded coconut? To toast shredded coconut, preheat your oven to 325 F. Spread shredded coconut flakes onto a thin layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 5-10 minutes, stirring every 2-3 minutes to ensure even toasting.
Be sure to save this recipe to Pinterest if you plan to make it later!
Here’s the full printable recipe:
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 TB Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Chocolate Frosting
- 9-15 Samoa Girl Scout Cookies for rim/topping
- 6 Samoa Girl Scout Cookies for milkshake
- 4 cups Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 1/4 cup Milk or Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup Caramel sauce
- 1/2 cup Shredded coconut, toasted
- 1/4 cup Shredded coconut, toasted for topping
- Chocolate sauce for drizzle
- Caramel sauce for drizzle
- Start by making your homemade whipped cream. Using either a hand mixer or your stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, combine the heavy whipping cream, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract into a bowl and whip until stiff peaks form. Spoon into a large pastry bag fitted with a 1M size star tip or a large Ziploc bag with a tip cut off and store in the refrigerator until needed.
- Next, spoon chocolate frosting onto the top rims of the glasses using the back of a spoon. Then add bits of broken Samoa cookies onto the frosting or roll the frosted edges in broken cookies.
- Then combine vanilla ice cream, milk, 1/2 cup caramel sauce, 1/2 cup of toasted shredded coconut, and 6 Samoa cookies in a blender and mix until combined to desired consistency. Add additional milk if too stiff.
- Swirl chocolate sauce and caramel sauce into the glasses before pouring the milkshake into each glass.
- Top with whipped cream and toasted shredded coconut.
- Add a straw and thread 1-3 additional Samoa Girl Scout Cookies onto the straw itself through the cookie's center hole.
- Drizzle with a little more chocolate sauce and enjoy!