This Spaghetti and Meatball Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
Today, I’m sharing a super fresh, quick and easy dinner using farm fresh ingredients! We love going to the farmer’s market on the weekend and picking up fresh veggies, but we also love comfort food, so I took those veggies and whipped up these Spaghetti and Meatball Stuffed Bell Peppers. Because these aren’t your usual stuffed bell peppers and since it isn’t your typical spaghetti and meatballs, this recipe is a lot of fun. I love mashing two foods together! And I love how many veggies are in the recipe! Plus, you can prep dinner in about 30 minutes which is a big plus for us right now with the Mister working on a job right now across town. I’m so proud of him, he’s drawing Star Wars movies all day, but with LA traffic, he sits in the car for about 2.5 hours, so being able to make a quick dinner and spend more time eating and talking and less time cooking is exactly what is needed. Did I sell you on these Spaghetti and Meatball Stuffed Bell Peppers yet? If so, here’s the recipe:
- 4 Bell Peppers
- 2 quarter-sized diameters of Angel Hair Pasta
- 8-10 Meatballs
- 12 oz Prego Farmers' Market Classic Marinara Sauce
- ½ cup Mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup Tomatoes, sliced
- ¼ cup shredded or sliced Parmesan Cheese
- Slice the tops off your bell peppers of choice (red, yellow, green, or orange) and set the top aside.
- Cut a small slice off the bottom if you wish for the bell pepper to sit upright.
- Then cut out the inner membrane and seeds, and rinse the bell peppers.
- Add enough water to a large pot so that peppers will be covered and heat water to a fast boil.
- Add the peppers to the water and parboil for 45 seconds to 1 minute.
- Remove the peppers and drain. Set peppers aside.
- Boil your angel hair pasta to al dente.
- Cook the meatballs, then add your Prego Farmers' Market sauce to the meatballs to simmer on low.
- Add tomatoes and sliced mushrooms to the sauce.
- Add a meatball to the bottom of each bell pepper, then fill with spaghetti, then top with another meatball, veggies, and sauce.
- Place the bell peppers in a casserole dish along with the top if you wish to cook them.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350 F.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese and the bell pepper top!
I was inspired to pick up all of the veggies for these Spaghetti and Meatball Stuffed Bell Peppers at our local farmer’s market by Prego® Farmers’ Market Classic Marinara Sauce which is made with the kind of ingredients that you would find at your local farmers’ market including vine-ripened tomatoes, garlic, and basil. With all of the ingredients picked at the peak of freshness and made the way you would with olive oil, black pepper and oregano, Prego® Farmers’ Market Classic Marinara Sauce is the perfect pairing with all of your farmer’s market veggies! What are some of your favorite Italian dishes? Let me know in the comment section!