I recently made some breakfast-themed cupcakes and these Yogurt Parfait Cupcakes were by far the healthiest! I don’t often include healthy recipes on my blog, but this one is just too cute and so good! I came up with the idea when brainstorming for breakfast-themed cupcakes. I made waffle cupcakes, pancake cupcakes (puffins with icing), french toast, etc., but I really wanted to make a yogurt parfait cupcake. So I made a homemade granola base, topped it with strawberry yogurt, and a spoonful of mixed berries on top. Since they’re made in a cupcake can, that makes them cupcakes, right? But a cupcake has frosting on top, so my Yogurt Parfait Cupcake needed “icing.” I simply added a swirl of blueberry whipped cream. Here’s the full recipe:
Yogurt Parfait Cupcake
Since they're made in a cupcake pan, that makes them cupcakes right? No frosting, but add some blueberry whipped cream on top of these Yogurt Parfait Cupcakes!
- 1.5 cups granola
- 3 Tb peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 cups strawberry yogurt (or your flavor choice)
- 1 cup frozen fruit medley (or your choice fruit topping)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 tsp blueberry juice (from blueberries heated over stove)
- Mix together you granola, peanut butter, and honey.
- Add a spoonful of the granola base to each lined cupcake well.
- Top with 2 spoonfuls of strawberry yogurt.
- Finish with a small spoonful of fruit.
- Freeze overnight.
- You can remove the cupcakes and their paper liners the next day by briefly setting the cupcake pan onto a baking sheet with a bit of hot water in it.
- If you want to add blueberry whipped cream on top, whip together your heavy whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla using the whisk on your stand mixer until peaks start to form. Then add your blueberry juice and whisk a few seconds longer until whipped cream has a blue tint.
- Use a pastry bag or a sandwich bag to pipe whipped cream on top of the "cupcakes."
What’s great about these yogurt parfait cupcakes is that you can make them ahead of time, store them in your freezer, and eat them whenever you want. They also make a great on-the-go snack and are great for breakfast!What do you think? Will you try these Yogurt Parfait cupcakes? You can get really inventive with the types of yogurt and fruit on top. Coconut yogurt with pineapple chunks and coconut flakes? Strawberry Banana yogurt with frozen bananas on top and a drizzle of chocolate sauce? Too many options!
Let me know in the comments which yogurt fruit combo you’ll make!