Are you ready for the Super Bowl? If you’re hosting a party, I’ve got a delicious recipe for a Spicy Pineapple Mango Salsa that is the perfect tropical dip for chips! It’s been rainier than usual here in Los Angeles, so I wanted to whip up something a little tropical with a bit of heat and with fresh pineapple, mangos, jalapeños, onions, and peppers, this salsa nails it! If you’re feeding a party, you’ll win big with this tropical salsa! Plus, you can totally mix it up and make it your own! Can’t find fresh mangos? Add in tomatoes! My exact full printable recipe is below, but remember, you don’t have to stick to it exactly!
You can be extra festive and serve the tropical salsa in a hollowed out pineapple bowl! Simply cut the pineapple in half, stem as well, then use your knife to outline the bowl and cut lines across it. Then use an ice cream scoop to hollow it out. The pineapple that I scooped out wasn’t useful for the salsa (since I couldn’t dice it into uniform pieces, but I saved it for a snack: pineapple and cottage cheese!So yeah, you can serve it in a pineapple bowl, but as an FYI, this recipe makes enough to feed a small crowd, so have an extra bowl ready for the refills! Just for reference, that’s a small mixing bowl below! You get a lot of bang for your buck with this recipe!
- 1 pineapple, 1/2-inch dice
- 2 mangos, 1/2-inch dice
- 3 bell peppers, red, orange, and yellow for color, 1/2-inch dice
- 1 red onion, 1/2-inch dice
- 2 jalapeno peppers, finely minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- tortilla chips for serving
- In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, mango, bell peppers, onion, jalapeno, onion, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Stir to mix together and let sit for at least 10 minutes in the refrigerator so the flavors combine. Serve with tortilla chips.