My husband and I LOVE to host brunch and I just discovered an amazing new cocktail for our brunches on Sundays: a Watermelon Habanero Bloody Mary! Perfect for summer and perfectly refreshing with the pureed watermelon juice but packing a lot of flavor with the hot sauce! Plus, they are perfect for a Sunday morning after a long Saturday night of Korean BBQ and Karaoke singing. Not that I would know first hand or anything …
If you host your own brunch party, you can simply whip up a pitcher and put together a few glasses topped with watermelon and skewers piled high with garnishes! Better yet, host your brunch outside with some grilled breakfast sausages and grill the watermelon, too!
Since this is our last summer in our big backyard before we move to our new house later this year, we will definitely be throwing some brunch parties on Sunday mornings out on the patio and serving these Watermelon Habanero Bloody Marys!
Here’s the recipe:
- 12 cups watermelon chunks, pureed and strained
- 1 1/4 cups tomato juice
- 2 Tbsp hot sauce
- 2 tsp Worcester sauce
- 2 tsp coarse salt
- 1 cup vodka
- garnish with celery stalk, grilled watermelon wedges, peppers, and limes
- Optional: you can grill the watermelon before pureeing to add some more flavor.
- After pureeing and straining your watermelon chunks, combine the juice with the tomato juice, hot sauce, Worcester sauce, vodka, and salt.
- Add celery stalks to your glasess and stick some peppers and a lime wedge on bamboo skewer sticks as a garnish. Add slices of grilled watermelon to more skewer as a garnish and stick wedges of watermelon on the rims of the glasses.
- Pour your bloody mary into the glasses over ice and serve!
What’s your favorite Bloody Mary garnish? Let me know in the comments! I’ll be making more bloody marys soon with some over-the-top garnishes!