I’ll be celebrating National Grilled Cheese Month and Grilled Cheese Day (next Tuesday, April 12th) with this Strawberry Mascarpone Donut Grilled Cheese Sandwich, the perfect dessert grilled cheese sandwich with which to celebrate! Eat it for breakfast or eat it for dessert! You can either use store-bought glazed donuts or you can make your own! This donut grilled cheese would also be great with grilled peaches or blackberries instead of the strawberries! Oh! Or lemon curd! Or you can really mix it up and go with grilled bagel with cream cheese and lox!
- 1 glazed donut
- 2 Tb unsalted butter
- 4 Tb mascarpone cheese
- 1 Tb strawberry glaze
- 2-3 strawberries, sliced
- 1 Tb confectioner's sugar - optional
- Start by slicing your donut in half and buttering the inside, then place them butter down in a hot skillet.
- While the donuts grill, mix your mascarpone cheese with strawberry glaze.
- If if isn't sweet enough for you, mix 1 Tb of confectioner's sugar into it.
- When the donuts are done grilling, top one donut (ungrilled side) with the mascarpone cheese and sliced strawberries. Top it with the other donut.
And I’ll be sharing another grilled cheese recipe soon – the Double Grilled Cheese Cheeseburger!